Breast feeding or Bottle Feeding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride0807 Posts: 203
I havent made up my mind yet and have heard lots of opinions so just wondering what the majority are planning to do
Emme Posts: 4735
Plan to give breastfeeding a go but if it doesn't work out then thats fine, I'd be happy bottlefeeding.
Sweetcheeks08 Posts: 317
Yeah i'm the same as Emme. I'll try BF but if it doesn't work out then i won't be too disapointed.
mop1 Posts: 1564
Im the same too, will give breastfeeding a go but if it doesnt work out I wont beat myself up about it
oddwire Posts: 842
Same as the three above.
Mama2b! Posts: 131
I know breast is best as they say but it is up to the mother what she wants to do. Personally i think i'll give the old breastfeeding a try and see how it goes. It doesn't work for a lot of women because the baby might have a problem latching on, or isn't taking in enough milk and a lot of the time the woman can get painful, cracked nipples which is supposed to be terrible. But I probably will try it and give the little baba the best chance however. I don't think i'd be comfortable enough to do it in public though. I know some people are against it but you should have heard my sister in law to me when she had her little girl. She wouldn't do it 'cos she thought it was disgusting and she turned around and said "OH my parents are very old fashioned and totally against it. If you ever have any of your own, don't even think of breastfeeding in my parents house 'cos it won't be tolerated". I mean, What the hell?
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I am going to try breastfeeding but I've also got bottles and formula in case it doesn't work out. I'll be delighted if it works but I won't beat myself up if it doesn't
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
Will give it a go & will be thrilled if it works... if it doesn't, what can you do? Will be happy enough to go on bottles too.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
Will hopefully master breastfeeding but if i dont it wont be the end of the world *)
Martiespride Posts: 997
im going to give breastfeeding a go, but im not going to let them ram it dowm my throat during ante natalclinics etc. they can be very pushy. if i cant do it, ill just move to bottle and thats that... my sister got soooo upset because she wanted to do it so bad. her nipples were bleeding and her emotions were all over the place. she just bottle fed this time and had none of the crap to deal with from the nurese. when you think of it, you can read all the books in the world about bonding and breastfeeding, but your baby hasnt read them....... sorry rant over :o0