Breathable sheets and mattresses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

icsi girl Posts: 264
Hi Ladies, I am a bit confused about the whole breathable mattress and sheet thing. We bought the bugaboo and we thought we would just use this for baby to sleep in at night as well. But when I went looking for sheets I couldnt get breathable sheets! Now the girl in the shop said it was fine to use these but in another shop a they said it counteracts the breathable mattress. Very confused!!!!!! Is it still ok to use the bugaboo overnight if you dont have a breathable sheet? Are all moses basket/crib sheets breathable?? Thanks
easter bunny Posts: 35
I never heard of the breathable sheet, have the mattress alright and just use a normal cot sheet. It wasn't mentioned to me in the shop that I should use a breathable sheet too....
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Also never heard of breathable sheets. Got a breathable mattress and bought normal sheets.
Perci Posts: 3847
Cotton is, by nature, breathable so regular cotton sheets would be fine I would think.
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I used to use a cotton pillow slip over the mattress, just slip it over and tuck it in, job done! As the others say, 100% cotton or linen are fine (just make sure it's not a 50% mix as these are less breathable).