Calling UK mobiles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
Our landline and broadband package is with eircom and I am relatively happy with how much it costs us. Most of our calls are to other landlines so are included in package. But there are 2 people we call with UK mobiles only (no other phone available) and we are spending about €25 per month calling these 2 numbers alone. Does anyone know how I can call UK mobiles for less than 30c per minute?
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Skype?
Not practical for these 2 people I'm afraid.
ott Posts: 3920
bride-2b probably means if you ring their number from Skype. That might be cheaper for you. Check the prices on the Skype website. (On Skype you can call other Skype users for free but you can also buy credit and call landlines (very cheap generally) and mobiles (reasonable as far as I can remember).)
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
[url:2jhbumg8]http://www.1call.ie/index.cfm?cid=176&country_id=539#rates[/url:2jhbumg8] Just googled international call costs and this came up, would a service like this work for you? Haven't really looked at the site, but might be worth contacting them?
Thanks ladies, will look into these. I use skype for calling computer to computer abroad but didn't think of using it to call a phone.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="nickname":3brf3x6z]Thanks ladies, will look into these. I use skype for calling computer to computer abroad but didn't think of using it to call a phone.[/quote:3brf3x6z] hey i live in uk with family at home and h2b has fam in south africa. we use skype to call computers, landline, mobiles and its alot cheaper than using the phone. you just buy credit in the skype shop and then use it. or i used to use intl call cards when h2b was in SA. they work out very good too!! used to get an hour for E10 i think. so uk might be longer for cheaper!!