Canesten Tablets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxi84 Posts: 260
Hi girls I'm just wondering is anyone else suffering from trush? My doctor said I could use the duo pack (cream & tablets) but she didnt go into it too much but after reading the instructions I'm a bit nervous about using them. I'm only 11 weeks & when my sister was pregnant her doctor would only let her use them after 4months. Has anyone any experience on this? I am using the cream but need to treat it from the inside. Thanks :wv
blondiechick Posts: 1641
I had thrush earlier on in my pregnancy...around 4 months or so and my GP said I couldn't use the tablets (pessary) and to only use the cream. I would double check if I were you...maybe ring the maternity unit and talk to a midwife?
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I was told same as Blondie Chick, can only use the cream, not the tablets.
roxi84 Posts: 260
Thanks for the replies girls, I'm a bit annoyed now that my doctor was so vague on this. When I think what could of happened if I just went ahead and used them! Did you find the cream worked on its own?
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
could you get some naturla youghurt aswell pet, hope u feel better soon :action31
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Cream worked fine for me. I was pretty bad with the thrush too. I wouldn't be using the pessary though. If you still not feeling good, ring maternity unit in your local hospital...those midwives know ten times more than any GP! Go into your local health shop and get some pure Cranberry juice (not the squeeze stuff you get in the supermarket...you need the real-deal bitter stuff.) It's horrible but does work.
taurus09 Posts: 484
I had to go on anti biotics around the time i got pregnant, i was probably 3 weeks at the time. At the time i mentioned to the doctor i could be pregnant and he gave me safe anti biotics. I also asked him for something for thrush as i sometimes get it after being on antibiotics. He told me not to take anything unless I was sure I wasn't pregnant. Said to only eat natural yogurt and said that even the creams might not be safe. Maybe give the hospital a ring?
Late08 Posts: 675
I was advised by both my obstetrician and midwife that the pessary was fine to use. I used the pessary and cream at 12 weeks, after I tried to use the cream only which didn't work. The pessary and the cream worked brilliant. I was also advised to use the pessary which is applied three days in a row I was also advised to use my finger :-8 rather than the applicator incase I might get a small cut from using it
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I suffered a lot with thrush on my first pregnancy and I found the only way to get rid of it and prevent it from coming back was to eat natural yogurt every day. I used to get one of the large cartons and over 3 days make a smoothie from it, usually in the mornings and have it on my way to work.
Arta1 Posts: 276
My consultant told me numerous times that it was fine to use the pressarys and cream, ive suffered quite a lot this pregnancy with thrush and have used both with no problems.