Catwalk show at wedding fair

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

masie 09 Posts: 78
How bad was the catwalk show at the RDS wedding fair? I was cringing watching it, I wanted to see dresses not models looking embarassed dancing to ABBA!! It was my first (and prob) last wedding fair, are they all that bad?
Ficidy Posts: 1753
Haha it was such a joke! You weren't missing much with the dresses though - I thought they were all rotten and cheap looking. The whole thing was a complete waste of money.
tizzy Posts: 168
i thought the runway was the best thing about the day and that wasnt saying much... i didnt mind the model, thought it was amusing and he was really getting into it... fair play to him h2b just reminded me that I had two cosmo cocktails during the show and that probably made it seem ok! h2b was disgusted with the admission price and parking... i also heard exhibitors paid 2500 each, and we were all paying in so the only people enjoying the show were the organisers.. laughing all the way to the bank!
masie 09 Posts: 78
SO YOU WERE THE ONE HOGGING THE COCKTAILS!!! :eek I WAS DESPERATE FOR ONE BUT THEY WERE ALL GONE :o0
marquise Posts: 595
I was really disappointed as well with the catwalk show. I am only starting to look at dresses now so was hoping for some ideas/inspiration but didn't think much of it! I did see one or two lovely MOB outfits though.
[quote="masie 09":519irkew]SO YOU WERE THE ONE HOGGING THE COCKTAILS!!! :eek I WAS DESPERATE FOR ONE BUT THEY WERE ALL GONE :o0[/quote:519irkew] Im sorry :-8 but it was worth it the cosmos were fab! >:o)
bridetobe2009 Posts: 1423
I didnt go but was at the one in January and I thought it was terrible.Was there many honeymoon exhibitors there?
sunway and classic resorts are all that I remember, didnt go to sunway but saw a poster with their name..