changing your name

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justforfunsies Posts: 2502
its probably been posted before but just wondering are there many of you that are taking or have taken your hubbies name? I'm undecided as to what to do!! think my fella wants me to take his name...but I've gotten used to the one I have, why should I change??? :D
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Not for work because I have published under my own name but for everything else I will be becoming Mrs. Mr.Rome07!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
I'm going to take his name!! I love my own name and my first name rhymes better with mine than with his but I'm going to take his name. I actually can't wait to be a Mrs. XXXXX. :D
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I have decided to keep my maiden name and also take his,its double-barrelled but I like it-try that you might like it and it will keep H2B happy
clucky Posts: 26471
I cant wait to change mine mine is boring
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
i want to go double barrel, becuase there is already an extended family member with my first name and I want their to be onlt Mrs Red Fraggle !
yeah i was thinking of that too....just his second name combined with a mrs sounds like a real granny name!! he's called me it a few times since we got engaged but it just doesn't sit right with me...i probably will end up taking it though cause i know it means a lot to him...will just have to get used to it....
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote:124o1npy]yeah i was thinking of that too....just his second name combined with a mrs sounds like a real granny name!! he's called me it a few times since we got engaged but it just doesn't sit right with me...i probably will end up taking it though cause i know it means a lot to him...will just have to get used to it....[/quote:124o1npy] Believe you me we have had arguments about it..but at the end of the day its really my decision,why should I completely loose my identity. For more of a sentimental reason I am the youngest of 2 girls and my dad has no family so our family name is gone....when-well you know when They will get over it,I will answer to either and both im still the same person
Regina Filange Posts: 166
I'm taking his name, but then again I've got three brothers so the family name is secure!
yeah i've no real sentimental reasons for keeping my name as i haven't spoken to my dad in almost twelve years or so...so i suppose thats as good a reason as any to change it!! :D