Childcare Costs!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loveheart Posts: 686
Hi All. I'm 26 weeks and just started looking into childcare (heard some creches all already well booked out). I'm in the Dublin 15 area and was quoted 985e for full time place in the Giraffe creche there. Anyone else looking into it at minute - what is the usual?
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
For big creches like Giraffe that would be the norm.. Smaller creches would be about 880/900. Our LO is in a small creche for 3 days a week and it costs 640. She gets all meals in creche.
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="babycake":3j15ym5p]For big creches like Giraffe that would be the norm.. Smaller creches would be about 880/900. Our LO is in a small creche for 3 days a week and it costs 640. She gets all meals in creche.[/quote:3j15ym5p] is that per month or week??
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Per month!!!
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
OMG creche fees are so expensive. I don't have a clue what i'm gonna do when I've to go back to work, but I can't see myself working just to pay creche fees - it's madness! loveheart - did you find many creches were booked up or is there lots of availability?
Hi Ladies. Thanks for replies. Giraffe said they had quite a few bookings but still had availability. Should have mentioned the cost they quoted included food but not formula, nappies or blankets (know some other places include this in price). It is really expensive alright - going to be doing a lot more searching around but to be honest that creche is literally on our doorstep so it would have to be some saving for it to be worth it. May still look at childminder option but as I don;t know anyone I'm a bit nervous about it.
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi Loveheart, I haven't looked into this myself but I've heard that each county council will have a list of registered childminders and creches on their website - sorry I don't have more info it's just something I heard, might be of some help.
That's interesting Emme, thanks. Maybe someone else will have the info and post on it (fingers crossed)
agie Posts: 1107
Loveheart there is a really good thread on rollercoaster.ie and alot of my friends have found childminders/smaller run creches through this site.
kersnuffles Posts: 63
Hi loveheart. i am coming up to 26 weeks and have booked my childcare this week. i am also in dublin 15. what i would say is to visit each creche. my choice was easy when i did that although my costs are slightly higher than yours. initially i thought the fee was per year - nearly choked when i realised they meant per month :o0 Good luck with it!