Church only provisionally booked?

Go to All Things Wedding

Bride2Be2019
New Wolly

Church only provisionally booked?

Postby Bride2Be2019 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 am

Hi,

We have our venue provisionally booked until Tuesday. Last night we went to meet the priest to secure our date with the church. However, he said it is only provisionally booked and that we need to come back 6 months before the wedding. He just wrote down our names and the date on a piece of paper and put it into a folder (not recorded in a book).

Did anyone else have a similiar experience with their church? I'm afraid that we will go back 6 months before wedding and they will say that we can't get married there and we will be stuck with no church.

futuremrskelly
New Wolly

Re: Church only provisionally booked?

Postby futuremrskelly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am

Hi there,

Not sure why he said it was provisionally booked! Maybe because its in 2019?

Maybe when you have the venue secured, or in Jan get in contact with him again - even if its for your own reassurance.

Does your area have a parish office? Thats who i booked my church with, the parish secretary. I didnt need to speak with the priest at all.

I booked my wedding in Jan last year for November next year and they didnt have any problems taking the booking

Bride2Be2019
New Wolly

Postby Bride2Be2019 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Yeah we have a Parish office. Originally when I tried to book I rang the office and she gave me the number of the priest and said I needed to speak with him.

I think I might ring the office again anyway and just ask if it is provisionally booked does that generally mean that it is secure. Definitely think I will check in in Jan again anyway for peace of mind.

meemee
New Wolly

Postby meemee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:07 pm

We had a similar experience with our church. They only took bookings 1 year before the wedding date. We went in 2 years before it, 2015 for 2017 wedding, same day we booked our venue. We were told they'd take our names and put them in the back of the 2016 diary as they didnt even habr a diary for 2017 at that time and to ring in one year to officially book. We did and they had all our details already down for the day. Almost 2 weeks married now.

agnes
New Wolly

Postby agnes » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:52 pm

We are the same. Had to ring the priest rather than an office to book church. He was very nice and took our names and date and the said come back to him 6 months before the wedding. Hopefully she. We do come back to him it ll be okay!!!

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T