City break for my parents..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
Hi, My parents are 35 years married in March and my brothers and I would like to send them off on a nice city break as part of our present so I'm looking for suggestions from the wollies. They would enjoy somewhere that has a lot of history, with plenty of sight seeing. I was thinking of maybe Athens..I've never been and I don't know anyone who's been there so if anyone has been, would you recommend it? Any other suggestions? Thanks ET
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
My Mam was recently in Vienna and :lvs 'd it! Other city breaks that I've been on (I'm more of a culture and sight seeing gal rather than drinking and shopping). Copenhagen - nice but wouldn't hurry back Paris - :lvs :lvs :lvs This city has stolen my heart! Amsterdam - enjoyed it Budapest - great city, stumbled across some great museums and enjoyed the atmosphere Prague - did a lot of walking tours here so really got a great feel for the city, it was also snowing which was fantastic! Never been to Athens myself (unless you count the time I slept in the toilets in the airport while waiting for my transfer!) PM me if you want any more info on any of the cities mentioned! :wv
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
A couple of places I've been to I'd recommend are Paris - fab place, expensive enough but really worth it Barcelona - history, shopping, food & drink O-O O-O
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
Thank you - I'm think maybe Vienna or Paris for them. I did a bit of research there on Athens, not sure they would like it there.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
You honestly can't go wrong with Paris......
Boulevard Posts: 995
Edinburgh is amazing. Steeped with history, tours, beautiful cobbled streets and little cafes, amazing restaurants, and all walkable, and so picturesque!! Theres tonnes to see, and the shopping is also amazing xxx
[quote="Boulevard":3n97hp6i]Edinburgh is amazing. Steeped with history, tours, beautiful cobbled streets and little cafes, amazing restaurants, and all walkable, and so picturesque!! Theres tonnes to see, and the shopping is also amazing xxx[/quote:3n97hp6i] Ditto! Somehow I forgot my bonnie scotland! Edinburgh is fab too!
Boulevard Posts: 995
and soooooo romantic!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
mrs08 Posts: 1220
London :o)ll Barcelona :o)ll :o)ll Milan :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Oh, forgot London aswell!! I'm such a digbat! I need a holiday :o(