combined care, anyone?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

charli Posts: 5994
girls you'd think id remember from first time around, but cant!!! what way do hospital appointments go once into 3rd trimester, i have next visit at 26 weeks and am sure it will be back to GP 2/4 weeks later but am trying to plan ahead work wise as a hospital visit means the whole morning off and having meetings etc for the rest of the year that i need to pencil in any ideas? i know it depends on how you and babs are doing but if all is say normal, when are you back to hospital again? thanks :wv
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Would the next one be at 30wks/4 wks later? I cant remember imagine that...Ive finished with my GP :ooh and going to hospital this Monday and probably the following week too as its my due WEEK YIKESSSSSSSSSSS
yeah!!!! - i think at 28 weeks it's weekly!! perhaps after 30 weeks its fortnightly 30,32,34,36,38,39,40? - seems like too many!!??
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
My GP told me that up to 28 weeks you should see either GP or gyne every 4 weeks, after 28 weeks you should see one of them every 2 weeks.
shocked22 Posts: 511
I think it's your doc one week and 2 weeks later it's consultant until 36 weeks and then it's weekly visits. I'm slightly different as I'm now on weekly visits due to my history but nearly sure that is the norm. It should be on the back of your combined care card! HTH
thanks yeah im sure its either or every 2 weeks after 32 weeks and then at 36 weeks it's weekly. unless your story is like Mrs MOS or the other poster who both had their babs at 31 & 28 weeks! - bless them xx
mrscat Posts: 1082
what happens after you send off the combined care forms? do you get your apt book or does it go to your GP?
i was given a white card when i went for first hospital appointment at 12 weeks and just bring it to each appointment whether GP or hospital i am sure in different health boards it may vary HTH :wv
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
As im finished going to my GP what do I do with the form card now? The hospital has never filled it in or looked at it so do I just send it somewhere myself now?
maybe keep it in the bag - though i dont know if you need it as they have all the records of your visits in their big file for you. i still have the one from my first at home - took it out last night and was comparing notes!!