Darver Castle

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne_K14 Posts: 55
Hi all, I would really appreciate any guests/past brides of Darver to give some information on what the venue was like. A person I work with was at a wedding there and said the food was awful which has me very worried. We can pay to do a tasting before the wedding and if anyone else had similar concerns about the meal we will definitely book it to get an idea ourselves or to be able to say we need it improved! What did you think of the venue in general also? It's really stuck in my head what my work colleague said and now I'm just really worried but I would at the same time appreciate honest thoughts!!! We will be upgrading to steak and sea ads and will also be doing a choice of starter.
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
I attended Darver Castle last year 18 months ago for a family wedding and the food was amazing, Trevor must have called by the table at least twice to ensure everybody had everything. I couldn't fault the food on the day and the staff were really nice and friendly. I've also been there as a supplier a few times and its always good fun, a really nice room with everything you need in once place and a good spacious dancefloor. Ruairi Finnegan www.irishweddingdj.com
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
It's been a Few years now but a beautiful venue I just loved it and the food was really nice, always stood out as a great meal. Pay for the tasting of it helps to make the choice.