DH could not get a ....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gurtie Posts: 282
Just wondering did this every happen to anyone else my DH could not get a hard on :-8 :-8 :-8 last night. We are going for IVF in May in the meantime I'm having injections of Puregon Pen and Ovitrelle the gynae in the Fertility clinic tells us what day to dd. We did it once but were meant to do it again last night but DH tried but couldn't :o( He said sorry and then turned around and snored. I was so upset and didn't sleep well all night. I phoned gynae today and he said just do it this afternoon or this evening. But I phoned DH and he's working and says he can't get home tonight until 10.30. Now he has his own business and it only 10 mins away so he could take a break if he wants. But his says he feels under pressure O:| I'm trying not to let is bother me but I'm feeling very upset over it. Sorry ladies I know it almost the start of a bank holiday weekend. But just wondering if anyone had the same/similar experience :thnk
bride. Posts: 3014
Oh dear maybe hes feeling the pressure a bit! If I was you I would make everything as relaxed as possible and not mention the gynae (or anything gynaecological for that matter) and seduce him when he gets home. 10.30 isn't that late! Best of luck!
Thanks Bride Good advice, think I will try and do that. Don't really feel in the mood for seducing but I better try O-O
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Oh Gurtie, it must be so hard on both of you. It sounds like your DH is just under too much pressure and is probably just feeling like a baby making machine and feels like he needs to do it on demand. When I was using OPKs I never told my DH - I just jumped him when I got the green light. I know your situation is different, and you must be under huge strain as well. I know it's hard for you too but you need to look at it from his point of view. Sorry I can't be of more help. Hope it works out for you. :thnk
SparklyC Posts: 1766
Oh Gurtie - thats awful pet - I feel for you (both) - DH went through the same thing with the first Mrs TA and he told me that it was a terrible time for them where he felt constantly under pressure to "perform" if you like. Do take the advice and relax and try and seduce him later because the more relaxed you both are the better. :xox (easier said than done I know). Take care and hope it all works out for you :thnk
Thanks Tiglets, You are right we are both under huge pressure. Yesterday I had to go home from work sick and the injections don't make you feel very good either. I feel really bloated and un-attractive. So I suppose me feeling like this isn't much of a turn on I have been trying hard to look at it from his point of view all day. So fingers crossed for tonight. :thnk
Ah thanks Mrs TA, I will definetly take advice and try to seduce him :thnk
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi Gurtie, It does sound like stress thats causing him not to perform, poor you though you are under stress too and Im sure you'd loved to be seduced. Anyways on the seducing front why dont you try a (if you have the energy) full body massage with lots of body oil that will both relax him and, um, energize :-8 him good luck pet :thnk
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Gurtie, I am experiencing the same problem with my DH. It has been almost 3 weeks now since we have DTD. He cannot sustain it at all. At the end of the day, it is not going to work if you force the issue, I know that. I cannot offer any different advice than what the others guys have suggested. Good luck with it though, I know how sensitive men can be about this.
Thanks Swissgirl, That is a good idea, I will have the oils ready when he gets home from work. I am useless at doing any of this kind of thing. But I will just have to start :-8 :thnk