Do you think of your pregnancy as 40 or 42 wks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
I went 10days over with DS and every day past 40wks was hell so this time around I've been thinking of my pregnancy as 42wks as that's the max length Holles St will let me go over by. Today is my due date and I think it's made me a bit more relaxed
Daff Posts: 11644
Didn't see you on here or FB over weekend so was thinking last night you might have had LO! I see it as 38 weeks :o0 they keep telling me I'll go early so have hopes up but already each day is dragging and I'm only 39 weeks. DD was 4 days early by hospital so that's why I think I'll go early. I have in my head though it'll be this day next week. I wouldn't mind waiting but I'm getting awful BH and pains so keep thinking it's happening O:| Hopefully you'll go earlier this time!!! :o)ll
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
I thought of mine as 42 weeks. I added on 2 weeks extra to my pregnancy when people asked me my due date - I know a friend of mine was bombarded with text messages on her due date from people to see "had she gone yet". I couldn't have dealt with that.
Sydney Bristow Posts: 185
I think of 42 weeks. I have the latest possible date in my head, and I'm working towards that, anything else is a bonus!
pag Posts: 633
I told people a due date which was actually 42wks. I had two scan dates so wasn't sure which was correct. It was so much easier to reach first date 40wks and know that I was working towards the later one.I was so relaxed too. I'm going to do the same thing this time - hopefully. Friends of mine had their babies v early (6wks early and 8weeks early on baby no. 1) and they said they both expected the same on number two so each and every day dragged. The one who had baby no.1 8 weeks early ended up being 10days overdue. I def think it's worth to think it will be longer than you expect.
MrsBuck Posts: 846
I'm thinking 40 weeks but i'm having twins so that's really 38 weeks iykwim so i'm thinking of the longest possible option also.
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
I'm also thinking 40 weeks, but again that's twins, so really I will be utterly delighted to get them to that. I don't want to let them out any earlier than that if it can be helped. If it were a singleton I would think 42 weeks.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I'm going somewhere in the middle with 41 weeks! My scans up to know have been only a day or two out from my own dates so I'm adding a week in my own head given that it's my first pregnancy. My EDD is 16 Nov but I'm saying nearer 23 Nov to myself.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i dont know!! my edd is jan 14th and im 15 +2 now, i would have thought 38 weeks, do my dates make it 38 weeks. i suppose if i go over 14th jan, i will just be late, not 41 or 42 weeks. my ticker will tell me!! LOL!
babybambino Posts: 940
[quote="Little Miss Hopeful":23mdfut6]I thought of mine as 42 weeks. I added on 2 weeks extra to my pregnancy when people asked me my due date - I know a friend of mine was bombarded with text messages on her due date from people to see "had she gone yet". I couldn't have dealt with that.[/quote:23mdfut6] This is exactly what I'm doing and for the same reason but some people just don't get it! I haven't told anyone an actual date just early December (EDD is 27th November) but one of my friends has been pestering me, I told her only my mother knows the actual date and that I don't want people texting constantly to see if I've gone into labour. She's already threatened to come into the hospital when I'm in labour, in case my husband is tired/bored and wants to go home for a while (I kid you not) and she'll be in the day after apparently too. I'll be braking the news to her when the baby is 2 weeks old I think!