Does your hub wear his wedding ring?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Was having a chat with H2B. I noticed that I have actually never seen his dad wear his wedding ring ever! He says he wears it when he goes out with his mum...again have never seen it and have seen them go out together. I said to H2B that if he didn't wear his wedding ring that I'd be upset and his response was 'oh I won't be wearing it all the time'...when I showed my disgust, he responded with 'oh I'll have to take it off sometimes in work'. Does your hub wear his wedding band all the time? Does he wear it at all?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
OH won't be wearing his for work for health and safety reasons, I won't be able to either, but he says he will def wear it aside from that! I think I would be upset too if my OH wasn't wearing his.
lolabelle Posts: 3311
My DH wears his all the time. I don't think he's taken it off more than a couple of times since we got married. Neither of us wore ours on holiday because we snorkle a lot and don't want to lose them. TBH I wouldn't be a bit happy if he didn't wear it. He took the ring on our wedding day as a sign of love and fidelity and I think its an important symbol of that.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Yea I'm hoping he doesn't take after his dad because I will be very upset if he doesn't have it on work aside! :o(
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
dh wears his all the time, takes it off to shower and do delph etc but he forgot to put i on the other day and he said he felt naked without it. I too would be upset if he didn't wear it. My dad never wore his as he nearly lost his finger in work as it got caught in a machine so obviously i'd understand for health and safety.
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
Before the wedding he said that he wasn't sure if he would wear it, so we spent next to nothing on it. At the time I said I was cool with whatever he decided. Since the wedding he hasn't taken it off and he says he loves it! And now I realise that I love that he loves it! But seeing as it was so cheap, I wonder how long it will last...we may have to 'upgrade' in a few years time! Or maybe I've just fallen for the marketing hype and it will last as long as an expensive ring!
lux Posts: 6270
My parents never wear their rings (they can't remember ever wearing them after the ceremony, the priest made them exchange rings). My mum didn't want an engagement ring. OH's parents don't wear them either. I'm leaving it up to him whether he wants to wear it, I'll wear mine probably on its own. He really likes the idea of wearing it, but we'll see how long it lasts. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he didn't want to wear one.
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
my dh wears his all the time even for work etc!! hes TERRIFIED of losing it as its his mams wedding band melted down to make his, she left him her wedding ring when she died so its extra special :lvs :lvs
streaks Posts: 3592
DH wears his all the time, says it feels strange not to have it on now :lvs
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Yeah hubby wears his all the time. He takes it off at night as says he cannot sleep with it on but puts it back on every morning. My dad never really wore his either. I always used to see it on top of the bathroom cabinet when I was younger but he is a plasterer so thats probably why.