Drogheda bridal shops

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Leogirl1983 Posts: 200
Hi all just wondering is it worth making the trip to drogheda to any bridal shops and if so which ones should i make an appointment with Cheers Dee :thnk
bizarre bride Posts: 234
Its definitley worth it. I tried on the same dress in kildare as I did in Drogheda and there was €500 in the difference. As in the Drogheda dress was cheaper. Frilly frocks is a definite stop off. And I also went to protocol. There are many more but thats all I managed to get to. Good luck with the search :o)ll :o)ll
lulu126 Posts: 1095
Definitely worth it! I went to the Bridal Studio and loved it but I've also heard good things about Ophelia, Frilly Frocks and Edel Tuite. Also as bizarrebride said, I've also heard a few people say they've seen the same dress somewhere and then it's been cheaper in a Drogheda shop.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Drogheda is a brilliant place to go bridal shopping - Theres FIVE shops! Edel Tuite Ophelia Bridal Frilly Frocks The Bridal Studio Protocol I went to Ophelia, Frilly Frocks and The Bridal Studio - got my dress with Aoife in Ophelia.
thanks ladies :thnk would i manage them all in one day?? are they close to each other? Dee
highbeam Posts: 2578
Ophelia and Frilly Frocks are practically across the road from each other. The bridal studio and protocol are a 5-10 minute drive from them but within walking distance of each other or only a couple of minutes in the car either side of the river. I didnt go to Edel Tuite so not sure where she is. You could do them all in one, but it is tiring. Make sure you spread out your appointments, and leave time for lunch or a coffee in between. I find Drogheda hard enough to find my way around, there are a lot of one way streets and traffic can be bad so even though the shops arent far away from each other it can be a bit difficult getting to them. We seemed to get lucky and got on street parking outside them all.
thanks ladies not sure if i will go to edel tuite or not - could be too many for one dday :duh: is an hour long enough to leave for appointments? Dee
highbeam Posts: 2578
Is it your first day shopping? An hour is plenty but the first shop you go to you will probably try on half the shop to see what suits you. I think they all run appointments on an hourly basis. I think I was about 45minutes in most appointments. If you could get Ophelia and FrillyFrocks in the morning, they are so close together. Then go and have lunch and take a break and then make your way across town to the other two. But you would need a gap between them to get from one to the other. I did 3 appointments and it was fine. My friend did 4 but she had them well spaced out over the day. She was tired by the end though.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Ophelia and Frilly Frocks are beside each other (about 3 mins walk) And Bridal Studio & Protocol are beside each other (about 5 mins walk) Edel Tuite is not in the centre of the town but not far away. A great way to see where they are is Google Maps them! I parked in the Laurence Shopping Centre and visited Ophelia & Frilly Frocks and parked in the Drogheda Shopping Centre for visiting The Bridal Studio (which would also be perfect for Protocol) Yes, you could defintely do all 4/5 in one day but be warned that its tiring and can be a lot to take in. What I found, was that all dresses can seem to merge into one so if you plan on doing so many in the one day take someone with you who can remember what each one looked like and maybe take a picture (even a sneeky one!) Perhaps (as shampers said!) Do Ophelia and Frilly Frocks in the morning, then take an hours break to get a cup of tea or something to eat and then head to The Bridal Studio and Protocol - they are near each other (about 5 mins walk away) You could then go to Edel Tuite if you wanted... I didn't go to Edel as she is out of my price range!
Thanks All :) i have been to a few shops in dublin and i know what i do/ dont like so an hour should be plenty of time :) I googled mapped them and 4 is definitely do-able in a day :) not sure about edel tuite - had a look at her website and her style seemed to be quite vintage which isnt really me. im not into lace at all. fit and flare and fishtail suit me but definitely no lace. it just doesnt look right on me. has anyone been to her? are the samples similar to the photos on the website (sometimes i find the websites are not updated). so far i have booked an appointment at 9am and 11am. I am thinking another at 2 and then one at 4. if i want edel tuite i would probably have to have the third one at 1 and 4th one at 3. seems like a lot of running around and i might get googly eyed looking at dresses :) Dee