dublin airpor closed - im shattered!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chaos Posts: 1904
my brother was flying out tonight from dublin, imigrating. rang me at 3 to say flights delayed due to snow. another call an hour later to say flights cancelled, so i had to try and get a hotel near the airport for him, he had no cash, no credit cards, so im shattered now ringing around all evening, eventually got him one thank god. he got the last seat on tomorrows flight too so hopfully it will take off in the morning. think i'll open a nice bottle of wine tonight, i need it!!
honeybunch Posts: 1218
Sounds like you've had a long day-feet up and open that bottle.
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Emigrating with no cash/credit cards! Chaos I think you'll be doing this a lot for him in the next while!
[quote="missi moo moo":2yfkg4fv]Emigrating with no cash/credit cards! Chaos I think you'll be doing this a lot for him in the next while![/quote:2yfkg4fv] he has cash, but all dollars!! only had a few euro to get his lunch. hopefully he wont do the dog on my visa tonight! the hotel are chargin his dinner, drinks etc to my card! right, bottle opened! O-O
Hepburn Posts: 4081
[quote="chaos":2ab6e8wn][ he has cash, but all dollars!! only had a few euro to get his lunch. [/quote:2ab6e8wn] Eh, don't mean to be smart, but there is a Bureau De change in the airport. Men!
quartz Posts: 446
[quote="missi moo moo":39bidsj6]Emigrating with no cash/credit cards! Chaos I think you'll be doing this a lot for him in the next while![/quote:39bidsj6] That was my exact thoughts!!! Have had to dash to Western Union once or twice for my stupid brother; he's finally sorted himself out!!!!
MeSB Posts: 3785
angel3 Posts: 1572
They said all flights will go out today with an expected 40 minute delay..
ya flights are now operating, i was just talking with him, 6 hours to check in for him, has been there since 3 am, hes shattered, they gave him a voucher for his breakfast so not too bad. he flight will take off after lunch with a 5 hour delay but in total it was a 18 hour delay.