Ectopic scare

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WhathaveIgottenmyselfinto Posts: 157
Hi - went to the doctor yesterday and ended up in hospital being checked for an ectopic (had a sharp pain in my side and spotting). Have to go back on Thurs for blood tests to see if my HCG levels are doubling correctly. They gave me a vaginal probe to scan the uterus. They could find nothing - it could be too early as I might be earlier than I think because of long irregular periods but still - it wasnt very reassuring :o( Has anyone else had this done? My uterus is sore today after it - is this normal?
River Posts: 845
Oh dear, you poor thing. I had that done but not for the same reason. I don't remember any particular discomfort afterwards. If you're worried maybe give the Dr or Nurse a call and see what they say. I hope everything works out for you.
pattie Posts: 2379
I had sharp pains at the same stage but had a regular ultrasound. The pains lasted a few days so that could be what you're feeling? Are they calling you back for another look next week?
I'm going back on Thurs for more bloods. The pain is there the whole time although it comes and goes. The only thing is - I'm pretty sure it was there before I got pregnant but I'm starting to doubt myself now. It basically depends on my mood whether I feel it is ectopic or not. I was convinced last night that it was a lot of fuss over nothing. This morning though I'm not so sure, had heavier spotting and my uterus is killing me, lots of cramps and pains.
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
A friend of mine had this scare but everything was ok when they scanned her. When she went back for her 12 week scan they found a cyst but she's fine and cyst hasn't grown. Best of luck pet :xxx
pattie Posts: 2379
That kind of pain is so confusing. Best of luck with your bloods on Thursday. It's not unusual to get bad stretching pains in the first trimester, a friend of mine had the same and was grand too.
Barbalou Posts: 1617
what try and stay positive, at this stage the doctors can only guess what's happening it's frustrating! Hope everything works out for you
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
I had a scare around the same time, although I was CONVIENCED it was an Ectopic I have dreadful pains in my right side that I couldn’t even stand……it worked out to be my uterus stretching as the pregnancy sac was in the right place. Try not to worry :action32
Thanks girls. Suppose I will just have to wait and see. It would have been so nice to see something in the womb when she scanned but I suppose it could be that it is just too early.
fantac Posts: 4109
hiya - dont fret - lots of folk have similar scares and 99% of the time its all fine. i had teh same, stabbing pain and brown spotting from 5 weeks, we were on hol on a boat so couldnt get to shore or a doc, but i had my GP on the mobile a lot (roaming phone bill horrendous!!). he kept telling us to relax and enjoy the hol, which we actually did manage to do very well. i had a scan at 6+4 when we got home which meant baba was just old enough to show a heartbeat and everything was a-ok. try not to stress - i know its hard, but chances are everything will be 100% -think positive!