Eve vs Ava

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lily79 Posts: 153
Hi I really love the name Eve but i have a neice called Ava, do you guys think that the names are too similar???
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
It that Eve as in Christmas eve and Ava (pronouncing the “A”) If so then I think that its fine- go for it.
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Love the name eve, and it cant be shortened
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
Eve is a lovely name, not like Ava at all. Go for it!
yes its Eve as in Christmas Eve and Ava pronouncing the A :thnk
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
just edited my original post as it didnt make sense. :o0 :o0 think that Eve is beautiful and they are very different names. have you other choices? Love hearing baby names!
Wild Child Posts: 1694
Hey Lily I had Ava picked out last time around but now I know someone that has called her baby that so its off my list this time around! I was talking baby names with DH last night and Eve was on my list too....I dont think its at all like Ava they sound completely different they just look alike Do you have any boys names picked? I'm finding boys names really hard!
yes for a girl we also like Elise and Cara, I love Phoebe but my husband isnt keen and for a boy we like Noah. I have my husbands head wrecked banging on about names
frangipani Posts: 1543
Eva/Ava might be a little similar, but Eve/Ava? Completely different IMO. Pick what you and DH like and are happy with. Gorgeous names btw!
Aquafina Posts: 354
Like everyone else so far, I don't think they are too similar. Eve is a lovely name too. Really like it!