F e c k i n g Table Plans !!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justme Posts: 1700
Oh holy god, we are having terrible rows over this stupid table plan Please someone tell me this is the norm before i strangle h2b :o0
happilywed Posts: 638
hi its not just you...justme :hic .... my cousin who is getting married very soon made the stupid mistake of telling my mother where all our side of the family are sitting ...then my mother interjected with her food for thought >:o( (which i have experienced while trying to plan my own wedding and learned the hard way to just keep it to yourself) so now apparently my darling mother informed everyone else where there sitting and as a result one of my cousins is seriously p e e d because shes stuck sitting at the kiddies table!!!!!!! >:o) its so hard to try suit everyone so my advice would be don't give them enough time to object or question ..keep it to yourselves until they all get to the reception :-8 and that way no one will be bothered as they can't exactly moan at you then !!!! good luck
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
My DH was given the job of the tableplan. I told him who not to sit next to who etc. Left it to him as I was up to my eyes with everything else. Not a big job. 75 guests. Two days before the wedding we went to the hotel to finalise things and....no table plan >:o( . I was that stressed that I couldn't speak. I think my mother may have put a valium in my drink or something because I didn't even get annoyed. As it turned out it worked out really well, everybody mixed well and we only had 75 so it was ok. But I swear to God... O:| . My advice...do it yourself and don't show it to anyone only the hotel. And definately do not leave it to your h2b.
she Posts: 3298
when it comes nearer to mine i know im going to have trouble but im just going to keep my mouth shut about who's sitting beside who.......what they dont know wont hurt them and all that :o0
happycamper Posts: 186
My advise... forget about them. i had 290 at my wedding. I did a table plan but then a few people couldn't give a definite answer as to whether they could come or not ( mostly to do with them or relatives being ill) anyhow in the end there was about 8 undecided's and i was getting all fussed over it so i forgot about it. It didn't bother me in the slightest and even the guests were saying it was a good idea not to do the list. I was at 2 wedidngs last year and they both had lists. One had the problem where the egits only put the first name on the list hello how many John and Mary couples are there. There was 3 on that particular list and they didn't know who was who. And we had 2 Louises on our table but only one was supposed to be there but the other Louise didnt realise she was at the wrong table. We even had to set another place for her. On the second wedding the couple left there aunt and uncle off by accident. Aunt got majorly think and left... Now in fairness the aunt must have been a BiTCH with a capital B but still not worth the hassle... Good luck with it if you go ahead with one,
justme Posts: 1700
thanks girls, we are on speaking terms again today TG ! I had it more or less finished then an aunt and uncle of his said they couldnt make it and off he went with out telling me and changed everything around When you say you didnt have a table plan - did youjust let people sit where they wanted? I suggested this but both mothers were horrified and said it would be like a scrum for seats
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
[quote="justme":4feao298]thanks girls, we are on speaking terms again today TG ! I had it more or less finished then an aunt and uncle of his said they couldnt make it and off he went with out telling me and changed everything around [b:4feao298]When you say you didnt have a table plan - did youjust let people sit where they wanted? I suggested this but both mothers were horrified and said it would be like a scrum for seats[/b:4feao298][/quote:4feao298] That's exactly what we did (apart from the top table of course!). There was no scrum or anything and the two 'sides' mixed really well which was brilliant. That said, we only had 75 guests.
Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
I feel your pain.I am trying to do ours at moment and they are giving me a breakdown!