Faithlegg House -Fantastic!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi girls, A newly-wed here just wanting to sing the praises of our hotel venue - Faithlegg House in Waterford. We had an amazing day and everything went even more perfectly than we could have imagined. From the beginning we had wanted a venue like an old country house that had some character but that was big enough for 130 guests. Faithlegg has retained the old country house as it's reception, bar area & main bedrooms, with an extra modern wing with leisure centre, function room and bedrooms - so it suited perfectly. Suzie Molloy was our wedding co-ordinator and she was a great help - very professional and helpful - always available to discuss anything and very friendly and approachable. For the weekend of the wedding one of the banqueting managers looked after everything and she and the rest of the waiting staff were excellent - very attentive and efficient. We began with a pre-wedding family dinner the night before which we were able to have in a private dining room - the food & service were excellent. Both families stayed over as we're not from the area and the bedrooms in the main part of the old house are just gorgeous - four posters etc. A real treat. On the day of the wedding everything was fabulous - the setting and gardens were lovely for drinks and photos. The bar has lovely character especially with the piano playing. The Minaun Suite is a gorgeous room with glass walls on three sides overlooking the gardens so it's really bright. We indulged in chair covers and bows which topped it all off (one fault is that the hotel chairs are a bit old fashioned on their own). But the main compliment to the hotel was the meal - the food was gorgeous - the quality, flavour and presentation was all excellent and of a standard that you would get in a top class restaurant - which is difficult to achieve for a large group of people but it was fabulous. Everyone thoroughily enjoyed it. Again the service was excellent and the banqueting manager dealt with the best man as opposed to us, which allowed us to be free to relax. Overall we had a brilliant day and I would highly recommend the venue to anyone considering it for their own day!
Heflen Posts: 4050
Are you the owner of Faithlegg in disguise? I've been there twice - once for a wedding and once for a weekend break - both times, it was awful....
Whitewedding Posts: 13
I have to second that recommendation. I attended a wedding there last friday and I know the fact that the weather was so gorgeous helped, but it was definitely one of the nicest weddings I was at. The setting, grounds, rooms were all fantastic and the food was beautiful. THe service and staff were amazing aswell. I have nothing to do with Faithlegg and had never even heard of it before this wedding so am totally unbiased, so no need for any suspicions Heflen.
[quote:mkws4491] I have nothing to do with Faithlegg and had never even heard of it before this wedding so am totally unbiased, so no need for any suspicions Heflen.[/quote:mkws4491] Dont be lying. You are the Manager arent you?
Whitewedding Posts: 13
Who are you, the WOL police?
[quote:1e598ykx]Who are you, the WOL police?[/quote:1e598ykx] How did you guess
PrincessBride_07 Posts: 517
Wow Augustbride, sounds fantastic, just going to log onto the website and put it on my list of 'possible venues'!! Can I ask though, did you travel far to get there, ie did all your guests have to travel to attend, and stay in hotel/b&b's...I'm from Wicklow so it'd be a bit of trip down but not too far, H2B has this hang-up about having to travel to our wedding venue but I wouldn't care so long as the venue was nice!!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi Princessbride, We're both from Cork but live in Dublin so it worked out really well for guests from both locations. It's just a few miles outside Waterford city but feels like it's in the middle of the countryside which is lovely. A lot of guests stayed in the hotel but more stayed in B&B's alright but it was no problem getting local taxis to these at the end of the night. So it worked out well for us. Happy looking! As for you heflen, I'd love to see you add anything helpful or interesting to the discussion, which is the whole point of this website I thought!
mad woman Posts: 22106
[quote:24icjm18]Quote: Who are you, the WOL police? How did you guess[/quote:24icjm18] helfen, you crack me up! :lol: :lol:
[quote:3jr4b43g] As for you heflen, I'd love to see you add anything helpful or interesting to the discussion, which is the whole point of this website I thought![/quote:3jr4b43g] No, the purpose is discussion. Not trying to please you. I've over 2,000 posts so have a look through them if you want to see some helpful and/or interesting posts.