FAS internship.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pixiebell Posts: 739
Hi all, Just wondering if any of you are doing an internship with FAS and what do you think of it? If I'm claiming for my son the €29.80 a week does that stop once the internship starts? And has anyone been offered a full time position after? Thanks girls :wv
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
where I am working we have had heaps of fas interns coming through (really think they are taking advantage but anyways that is another story) and I would say about half got kept on, one even got a permanent job, the rest temporary contracts.
[quote="morningsun":igcmlafp]where I am working we have had heaps of fas interns coming through (really think they are taking advantage but anyways that is another story) and I would say about half got kept on, one even got a permanent job, the rest temporary contracts.[/quote:igcmlafp] Really? The lady in the FAS office said that if the intern wasn't giving a job and put on the payroll at the end, that the company couldn't get any more interns? It's really confusing
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
[quote="pixiebell":2xejf577][quote="morningsun":2xejf577]where I am working we have had heaps of fas interns coming through (really think they are taking advantage but anyways that is another story) and I would say about half got kept on, one even got a permanent job, the rest temporary contracts.[/quote:2xejf577] Really? The lady in the FAS office said that if the intern wasn't giving a job and put on the payroll at the end, that the company couldn't get any more interns? It's really confusing[/quote:2xejf577] well they are all in different departments, they aren't filling the same role constantly with interns so maybe that makes a difference??
Don't know what to think now...suppose employers would find a way around everything. Thanks for the replies :thnk