FIL2B Retiring

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DaVita Posts: 78
Hi, quick question, FIL2B is retiring shortly, just wondering if we shoud get him a present to mark it? Its his birthday at the same time so we will be getting him a present for that but just wondering if we should get him something to remember the occasion? thanks!
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
I think that's a lovely idea, he'll be delighted that you thought of him.
thanks Mrs Blues, i think he will too, we get on very well with him and he is so good to us. Just dont know what to get him, just want to get something small, but no clue what! any ideas? Anyone?
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
We got my Dad USDollars as he's planning a trip to America in April with my Mom. Combined bday and retirement present. Does he have any plans for his retirement?
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[color=indigo:2odlc63y]If he has a hobby like golf get him a round of golf at a fancy club to start off the retirement [/color:2odlc63y]
A round of golf is a good idea, thanks Mrs O'Brien, I'll look into that. He doesn't really have any plans Wifey-Pooh, he's a really active type, he's always out and about doing things. I'll talk to H2B tonight and see what he thinks of the golf idea or something like that. Thanks a million for your help girls!
[quote="DaVita":15rqs6zl]A round of golf is a good idea, thanks Mrs O'Brien, I'll look into that. [/quote:15rqs6zl] [color=indigo:15rqs6zl]Somewhere like Adare Manor / Powerscourt / Dromoland and you could also give him an overnight stay if you are feeling really generous [/color:15rqs6zl]
That's a great idea Mrs O'Brien, I'll look into that. Thanks a mil
[color=indigo:18tyr0le]Happy to help, have my thinking cap on at the mo, my mam is 65 this year so trying to think of something for her, all suggestions welcome :o0 :o0 [/color:18tyr0le]
Well if I think of anything, I'll let you know :)