Final measurements!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princessruby Posts: 32
Hi ladies I ordered my dress back in January and I rang the shop this week looking for a rough estimate of when it would be in son was told the end of June. Today I received a text to say I was to call to the shop for final measurements. Not sure what to make of this as I thought the dress would be here soon. Has anybody experienced this as normal? Starting to freak out a little.
lorrimar Posts: 837
I ordered my dress last October and was told it would take 6-8 mths to be in and I would need to give a 2nd set of measurements later on. I heard nothing so I rang them in March and was told to go in. When i went in she then said the dress would take 10 weeks to be made and 2 for delivery. I had to back in 2 weeks later for more measurements and to confirm the colour. She text yestersay to say the dress was in :) I don't think they take as long to make/order as they say they do.
Hi lorrimar that's exciting news you must be over the moon that ur dress is finally here. I guess il just be waiting a little longer than expected but now I know that this is normal I can relax. Thank you and hope you are delighted with your dress and have a fabulous day xxx
lorrimar Posts: 837
Thanks, Im really excited. Going in tomorrow to see it and try it on. If you have doubts about the timeframe maybe say it to them. Our wedding in September and I was told her dresses for Sept would be in end June or July.
Ooh the excitement I'm sure you will be beautiful. Counting down the weeks now. Mu wedding is early October so maybe another few weeks before its in but I will mention it to them and see what they say. best of luck tomorrow xx