Final numbers in...how many meals should I book for though?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
Ok so getting married on sat and have to submit final number on thurs. Looks like 206 are coming. Now there have been a few brides who recommended that you order a few less dinners from the hotel for the people who won't come on the day etc. How many should I order ???? *) *) *) *)
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
Sorry, I have no idea about your post :-8 i think if i had 206 acceptances i would book 206 meals but i could be wrong. but I just want to wish you both lots of luck and happiness. Enjoy your day,CONGRATULATIONS. Just in case I miss you before you go :o)ll O-O :o)ll
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
oh i've never heard of that before. i would presume the hotel will only set out as many chairs as you give so what if the people turn up and not only have no dinner but have nowhere to sit??? how many invites did you send to get 206 confirmations??
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
oh i've never heard of that before. i would presume the hotel will only set out as many chairs as you give so what if the people turn up and not only have no dinner but have nowhere to sit??? how many invites did you send to get 206 confirmations??
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Haven't heard that one before; think if it were me I'd order 206 meals. As someone else said what about seats? Surely if they have RSVP'ed that they're coming then they'll be there; bar an emergency obviously. Either that or people are a lot ruder than I thought :-8
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
Personally I wouldn't take a chance. I would order 206 dinners. If you know within 48 hrs that some people are not going to be able to make it afterall, then you can let the hotel know. But there will probably not be more than 4/5 people that wont be able to come on the day and you will not even know about it until after. I understand your logic though but I think it is too risky - you would be mortified if there were not enough chairs etc for people and another table had to be set up on the day...
Flowerbomb1 Posts: 92
4 days to go...best of luck! O:o) I'm still at the stage of chasing up late RSVP'ers or people who have RSVP'ed one way and then changed their minds or whether they are bringing a guest or not. Numbers keep changing up and down! I'd order for 206 so you don't need to stress on the day and if some don't show, forget about it, you'll be enjoying yourself too much to worry about them! :wv
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I would ordr enough for 206 to be honset i know someone who was at a wedding and they were the last to be served and they ended up with no dessert they were not pleased
WinterGal Posts: 835
Out of 100, I was two down on the day, so we fed the videographer a five course meal in the bar, he loved it! Anyhoo, have you a table plan done out? If you have then you can't really leave anybody out. To be safe, you'll really have to go with 206.
Biancee fiancee Posts: 907
GOOD LUCK!!! Order 206 and forget about it!! Not worth the stress on the day...hope you got all sorted in the end *)