Finding it really hard!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I started a new eating regime (healthy one!) and not a diet! I'm trying to eat 6 small meals a day. I'm eating a lot of fruit too. I have cut out all chocolate, sweets etc. But really finding it tough! It's the end of day 2 and find it worse today than yesterday! I have found my biggest craving to be SWEET stuff! But find that eating seedless red grapes helps massively! Here's to day 3!! :o0 :o0
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I'm totally usless when it comes to starting a new regime like that. I cave in really easily. Good Luck with yours!
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
Oh good luck! Just started today myself at trying to get healthier, was doing so well then fell off the wagon. (I find it so tough especially when the kids arent sleeping for us, I end up craving sweet things Im so tired) Back on it again for good, I hope!!
Well H2B is doing it too but he is fit and healthy anyway! Grrrr! :o0 :o0
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Best of luck with the new regime, but be careful with the grapes - apparently they are quite high in natural sugars, and the same with carrots.....why do they make it so hard for us!! :duh: Hubby is doing the Motivation diet, so that's where he found out about the natural sugars. I'll ask him what's a good thing to snack on, if you're craving something sweet, and I'll get back to you. I'm doing the diet with him as well (just over a stone gone now :o)ll ) and I got a unbelievable craving for something sweet yesterday afternoon. I put it down to Mother Nature because stupidly I gave in ages later (I won't tell you what I had because I don't want to tempt you, or put ideas in your head!) and I felt so sick - and guilty over it. :o( Whatever you do - DON'T TELL MY HUBBY!!! :ooh :o0
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
Hey Flexy, I'm just finished my 1st week of a newer healthier me. I'm still having a small amount of chocolate in the evenings but have cut out everything else. I start the day with porridge or scrambled eggs and multi seed toast, have a home made flaxseed & berry smoothie mid morning (bring a flask to work), home made soup for lunch, ricecakes with peanut butter and an apple mid afternoon and then regular dinner at around 7. I'm having some chocolate at around 9 o clock watching some TV but only a small bit.
[quote="Time For A Change":38u2xshy]Best of luck with the new regime, but be careful with the grapes - apparently they are quite high in natural sugars, and the same with carrots.....why do they make it so hard for us!! :duh: Hubby is doing the Motivation diet, so that's where he found out about the natural sugars.[b:38u2xshy] I'll ask him what's a good thing to snack on, if you're craving something sweet, and I'll get back to you. [/b:38u2xshy] I'm doing the diet with him as well (just over a stone gone now :o)ll ) and I got a unbelievable craving for something sweet yesterday afternoon. I put it down to Mother Nature because stupidly I gave in ages later (I won't tell you what I had because I don't want to tempt you, or put ideas in your head!) and I felt so sick - and guilty over it. :o( Whatever you do - DON'T TELL MY HUBBY!!! :ooh :o0[/quote:38u2xshy] That would be great!!
[quote="MinnietheMinx":3sfjwke2]Hey Flexy, I'm just finished my 1st week of a newer healthier me. I'm still having a small amount of chocolate in the evenings but have cut out everything else. I start the day with porridge or scrambled eggs and multi seed toast, have a home made flaxseed & berry smoothie mid morning (bring a flask to work), home made soup for lunch, ricecakes with peanut butter and an apple mid afternoon and then regular dinner at around 7. I'm having some chocolate at around 9 o clock watching some TV but only a small bit.[/quote:3sfjwke2] First of all - WELL DONE to you! :o)ll Not finding it too bad today - I find that it's a killer when I go shopping as all chocolate/sweets etc at the fecking tills! Although it doesn't bother me as much anymore!
Gizobel Posts: 207
I'm not calorie counting as such, and that's making things a whole lot easier. What I am doing is the following: Three nutritious meals a day (I used to be brutal for skipping meals) Three healthy snacks between those meals Stop eating when full, listen to your body. That's it! Sounds simple, but it means that I never get hungry enough to binge. Haven't weighed myself yet so I'm not sure how it's going to pan out, but after years of extreme diets I just don't have it in me to punish myself anymore :)