First Communion - what's the norm amount to give....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

reggie Posts: 5
Hi All, Just a quick question been a while since anyone I knew had one but what is the normal amount to give as First Communion present nowadays??? Not going to it just posting card to friend's child many thanks!!! :thnk :thnk :thnk
clucky Posts: 26471
50 euro i think well thats what people gave our lad
Baby Tigger Posts: 3394
30 to 50 euro as far as I know. Otherwise they roll their eyes and say a very disgruntled thanks.
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Yeah I'm going to one next week and i'm buying her a pressie and 50euro in a card.
newkid30 Posts: 2233
REAlly???? :eek :eek :eek :eek Jesus, that's insane!! Would that be close relations and friends? Thank God I've a few years til communions :o0 :o0 :o0
[quote="newkid30":1elbingj]REAlly???? :eek :eek :eek :eek Jesus, that's insane!! Would that be close relations and friends? Thank God I've a few years til communions :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:1elbingj] our neighbours little boy made his last week and got a Playstation 3!!! of course he is the type to show off about that and has been boasting about it ever since - he is always the first to get any new toy
Thanks everyone, that's what I was thinking too but just to be suuuuuure! Didn't want to get it wrong and be seen as the cheapskate!! BTW It's for close friend's child
PS3!!! Ok now that's crazy!!! :eek :eek
wowee Posts: 1596
Girls, do you think if I got the auld wedding dress out and traipsed round the neighbours they'd buy it???? Could do with the extra dosh :o0 :o0
[quote="wowee":2yqsa8l0]Girls, do you think if I got the auld wedding dress out and traipsed round the neighbours they'd buy it???? Could do with the extra dosh :o0 :o0[/quote:2yqsa8l0] yeah go around on your knees so you look really small