following on from christmas post

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shin Posts: 8515
what do you all think of decorating outside of houses at christmas like the idea?? or tacky??
cmor Posts: 638
I think it depends - some well placed lights can look gorgeous - but some people take the p!ss with the amount they put up! It's funny to think that some houses actually have competitions to see who has the most lights/ornaments etc :o)ll
i know cmor thats the thing, apparantly there is a house in kilnamanagh though that looks superb every christmas, people actually travel to see it as far as im aware, havnt seen it yet though obviously.
mad woman Posts: 22106
I think its nice, done properly, some can be a bit tacky, but some are lovely, there are two around the corner from me that are lovely.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
Yeah, some houses can look really classy and other can look completely tick tacker nack!! There's a road I sometimes take and I always ensure to take it around Christmas time. The entire road competes for who has the biggest brighest and most lights outside in the front garden!! It's hilarious!! It looks awful but it's so funny because they're all in competition with each other!! Hilaroius!!!
pmsl christmas :o0 i know what you mean, a hooooooge santa on top of the chimney, i mean talk about a fire hazard.
cmor Posts: 638
can you imagine the electricity bills for some of these houses :eek
bingowings Posts: 1388
I think the majority are tacky.... very few seem to get it right. AFAIK, theres a guy in crumlin (i think) that has had his lights on for charity for about 2 weeks now...He was on TV3 last year showing off the 2,500 decorations!! I'd hate to see his ESB bill in Jan!
mad woman Posts: 22106
[quote="cmor":1pk94nu3]can you imagine the electricity bills for some of these houses :eek[/quote:1pk94nu3] think a lot of them might have a generator
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="BingoWings":1mdq6yf5]I think the majority are tacky.... very few seem to get it right. AFAIK, theres a guy in crumlin (i think) that has had his lights on for charity for about 2 weeks now...He was on TV3 last year showing off the 2,500 decorations!! I'd hate to see his ESB bill in Jan![/quote:1mdq6yf5] he fkn lives around the corner from my parents the big eejit - i've seen a few crashes outside his house from people gawking while driving