for all of you that got the babyliss big hair

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Well girls I am thinking of getting one of these, I have straight, medium length hair. So how have you found your one, is it worth getting one?? Are they as good as they make out?? PS: Anyone thinking of selling one second hand, unwanted gift etc. (must be in perfect condition)
ianstuart Posts: 1947
I got one for Christmas and its great , i really love it. It takes a bit of gettin used to but it leaves my hair so smooth n bouncy when im finished. I half dry my hair first and then section it , if im just gona have my hair straight for work it only takes a few seconds on each section but if im gona do a curly blow dry or have loads of volume it takes a bit longer. I wouldnt be without mine :o0
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
[quote="ianstuart":3adxal7w]I got one for Christmas and its great , i really love it. It takes a bit of gettin used to but it leaves my hair so smooth n bouncy when im finished. I half dry my hair first and then section it , if im just gona have my hair straight for work it only takes a few seconds on each section but if im gona do a curly blow dry or have loads of volume it takes a bit longer. I wouldnt be without mine :o0[/quote:3adxal7w] Oh I will def have to get one so!!!! :wv
blondiechick Posts: 1641
I don't use mine all the time but I keep it for when I am going out or whatever. It's brilliant and I love it!!!!!!!! It just adds volume in all the right places.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I've one too and while I love it I find my hair gets really knotty around lunch time and I need to tie it up. I've shoulder length hair. Does this happen to anyone else?
blondiechick Posts: 1641
I have to say, I don't find that it makes my hair knotty at all! I wonder are you taking sections that are too small and making it too wavy and then all the sections are getting knotted up together? I do fairly big sections of my hair and it ends up being really shiny.
newshound Posts: 288
Hi I have it and LOVE it! Haven't used a straightener since I got it. My hair is longer than shoulder length, and layerd and it works really well. Though i do have to use hairspray to make sure it keeps the volume and shape. I'm intrigued by the curly blow dry comments though, how do ye do it????
candypants Posts: 8575
I got one of these as a Xmas present last year, attempted it once and my hair got tangled, clearly doing it wrong :-8
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I think I need a lesson in it too - tried again this morning and have it tied up again. Looks like I was dragged through a bush. It was fine once I done it but an hour later it was all sticking out again :o( Going to youtube some lessons tonight and see if I can do it any better.
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
It's brilliant but I'd def recommend anyone to check out the youtube videos & have a play with it. Practice helps get it right.