For anyone bringing their own wine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

winklefairy Posts: 907
Hiya, my H2B just told me about this video - it's on the website for the wine shop we go to - advice about bringing your own wedding wine. Hope it's helpful to some :wv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XIYHL5VUmo
game on Posts: 135
We're bringin' our own :) There's a few wine warehouses around the country, or the other option is to do the "Booze Cruise", where you get a decently priced ferry ticket at the start or end of the season (April or September usually). Before you go to either, work out how many bottles of each you need to get. Its half a bottle of wine per guest, 60%/40% white to red usually we were told. Find out how much the corkage would be aswell, and how much the wines would be per bottle at your venue. Sometimes, it doesn't work out cheaper to buy your own. We checked with our venue, and they said they wouldn't charge corkage on any unopened bottles - so we decided to buy a little more than the 1/2 bottle per person and keep it flowing freely, and we can drink the rest ourselves afterwards!!! >:o) We did the Booze Cruise last September, and it was epic fun. We loaded the car up to roof height (I could only see the road behind us through a little gap between the boxes!!). You get the ferry on Friday afternoon from Rosslare, overnight to Roscoff, and you have about 5 hours in France to taste and buy what you like before loading yourself back on the ferry, back home in time for Sunday night. Would note though - we saw plenty of vans getting pulled over for customs, but they seemed to be letting cars through without a problem. If anyone is thinking about it, I'd recommend checking out these guys - they're 5 minutes away from the ferry terminal in Roscoff, and you can order online so they're ready for you if you've picked one of your wines already. Its best to not buy everything online before you go though - he usually will give you a 'gift voucher' for free worth 20% of what you bought in the shop (online or in person), so you can run back in and get more: http://www.winebeersupermarket.com/
yvonne9 Posts: 447
[quote="game on":7ix3ecs4]Its best to not buy everything online before you go though - he usually will give you a 'gift voucher' for free worth 20% of what you bought in the shop (online or in person), so you can run back in and get more: http://www.winebeersupermarket.com/[/quote:7ix3ecs4] Hi this is where I bought my wine last year. They are excellent, have a fantastic website, great selection and a very competitively priced. Its true about not paying online. If you read irish ferries details about mini wine cruise, they give you a discount on your wine when you show them your boarding pass. They were great at recommending wine and you can give them an order just to make sure they have the stock when you arrive. The costumer service is brilliant and any emails I sent they always got back to me in a few days. We will be heading over again at the end of this year to get wine for christmas. price on irish ferries the cheapest time to go and remember they dont sail all year round to roscoff