For anyone going public in CUMH...............

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I have an appointment next week. I will be 21 weeks. My question is what are the chancest that they will scan me. The girl at reception told me at my 12 week appointment that it's not definite that Ill get a scan, it's all down to who sees you on the day & how busy they are etc. So how many of you have had a scan? I was talking to a girl I know last night, she's 35 weeks now & she has had about 4 scans in CUH & she's public. Is it just down to luck on the day? I have had 2 already. One at 8 wks because I had a miscarriage back in Feb & one at 12 wks which I think everyone gets anyway
zoey Posts: 1574
I didn't have my 20 week appointment till I was nearly 24 weeks but I did get a scan then. They checked that the heart had 4 chambers, brain and spine were ok, position of placenta etc... so it was very reassuring. I hope you get a scan at your appointment but you should ask them for a quick one if they don't offer it. Good luck.
Thanks zoey, I really hope I get one. Hopefully it won't be too busy. If not Ill just book a private one for piece of mind..
Always hoping Posts: 784
Hiya! On Ds I had a scan at 8 weeks( cos of previous m/c) and at 12 weeks. No others after that. I was very disappointed at the time and went for one around 27 ish weeks privately. This time round I got a scan at 12 weeks and thought that was it but I also got one at 20 weeks. Must a been the quickest one in history! If I blinked I'd have missed it! :o0 Anyway I think it's the luck of the draw up there. Theyneed to check the heart beat and some docs use the doppler and others scan. Fingers crossed you'll get a scan!!!
tras Posts: 1460
Depends on who you get!! I was scanned lots on DD - I had to ask once or twice but they never said no. Have been scanned twice on this pregnancy- my 12 week appt and at 16 weeks cos I had to go to the high risk clinic but saw Barry Reilly at my 20 week (he's the Wednesday consultant!! Hope you don't get him!!!) and noone was getting scanned by him. I asked him if there was any chance and he just said no, that nobody was scanned routinely anymore. Just listened with the doppler. Such a disappointment.
AA11 Posts: 313
I was scanned at my 20 week appointment with both pregnancies. Just with the small scanning machines but it was great. If they don't offer I'd definitely ask...you have nothing to lose. I am going to the Tuesday clinic, I think its with Dr. Corr, but I didn't see him but one of his team and she scanned me without me having to ask....
Is anyone on Dr. Cathy Burkes team?