Garter Toss Opinions??????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bonni Posts: 34
HI all. Just enquiring are any of you doing the garter Toss? If you are, is the groom using teeth or hands to remove? I don't know what's expected!
Casperlady Posts: 166
I'm doing it for the cricket at our wedding it's funnier if they take it off with their teeth
craftyPB Posts: 2625
Not something I want to do (or ever seen at a wedding that wasn't an American TV show) - think I'd find it very embarrassing and awkward!
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
It's not something that seems to be done that much anymore, when I have seen it done it was with teeth. But we wont be doing it.
june2015bride Posts: 67
I think this is really fun idea, we're doing it, iv onlt seen it done once at a wedding and the groom crawled on his knees took the garter off with his teeth, den did the toss and who ever caught it had to put the garter on with his teeth to the woman who caught the boquet it was sooooo funny.
bee0606 Posts: 691
I've never seen it done at a wedding and didn't do it at mine. I think it's very cringe to be honest. Isn't it more of an American thing anyway?
lorrimar Posts: 837
I've only ever seen this on Four Weddings US. We definitely won't be doing it anyway, neither of us would feel comfortable doing it.
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
Think it's absolutely tacktastic, thankfully have never seen it at a wedding, only on the chaviest of 4weddings etc. refused to wear a garden even, think they're horiffic.
craftyPB Posts: 2625
The guy who caught it putting it on the girl who caught the bouquet with his teeth would actually be my idea of hell!! I'd die if I was at a wedding where that happened - I would be beyond mortified and refuse to do if I had caught the bouquet!!
Bonni Posts: 34
Thanks all for your replies I'm going wearing a garter but didn't wish to do this toss thing. I just had seen it at a few weddings and worried was it expected. Phew!