Getting fit for 2009. Looking for buddy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

enchanted princess Posts: 117
I am sitting here tipsy after a bottle of wine! (Will regret tomorrow)!!!!Tomorrow I am starting total detox. I have put on so much weight this Xmas I am afraid to put on any of my jeans or weigh myself. This year I will lose weight and keep it off, I will have a better relationship with food and I will stop biting my nails! This is my year. I am getting married and everything I ever wanted is happening but I am never happy because I feel so fat so never enjoy anything because of it. H2b thinks Im obsessed. The new year starts tomorrow. Anyone with me. Could do with buddy! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
sunflower1 Posts: 154
Hi enchanted princess. I'll be your buddy. Just downing a bottle here myself. Have been so bold lately, really need someone to lean on.
I need someone to give me a kick up the behind. Doing a detox for the next ten days from the health food shop and following the diet on that Basically cut out all nice food!
x_x Posts: 1823
[quote="enchanted princess":bghgf3s8] Doing a detox for the next ten days from the health food shop and following the diet on that Basically cut out all nice food![/quote:bghgf3s8] Am loving your avator by the way. I :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs Audrey Hepburn. Now onto the serious issues...what's this detox thing? I am starting on Monday & have apple cider vinegar tablets to take but would love a good kickstart. Have the detox pads for your feet...but could do with a good detox after the excesses of Christmas!
sunflower1 Posts: 154
yeah i'm starting monday too. Ate so much crap over christmas. It's really hard to get motivated though.
Its a multipack by Vogel called detox pack. Got milk thistle and a few other supplements with it. Gives a list of foods to eat or not. Did huge shop today. Think its a better diet than weight watchers if you could keep those foods as the majority of what u eat long term. All fruit and veg.
Sounds good...I'll try anything for a kick start. I've lost a good bit of weight on the GI diet. Its similar to what you said...it certainly nurtures healthy long term eating habits but could really do with a detox after Christmas. My dress is due in at the end of Jan!! Will get googling Vogel. A girl at work mentioned some detox thing that Amanda Brunker fronts? Its a 7 day thing too. Doing the healthy shop tomorrow, have sent all choc biscuits & stuff over to my nephews. Need to get motivated.
Yes I am helping myself by eating and drinking everything bad in the house tonight >:o)
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Hey Ladies like yourselves I have overindulged tonight. Had a Chinese & then drank 2 bottles of bubbly that we got as a pressie. I really know what it feels like to be fat. I use to be a size 12 & sometimes a 10 depending on the outfit. Now I am an 18. 7 years of happiness but recently I have found that I am not happy wit my figure & not happy going out :o( . H2B loves me but that doesn't stop me from being unhappy & sometimes a little down about my weight
[quote="shellywhittle2003":2ru1nbqr]H2B loves me but that doesn't stop me from being unhappy & sometimes a little down about my weight[/quote:2ru1nbqr] I know how you feel. August 2007 - lowest point [b:2ru1nbqr]EVER[/b:2ru1nbqr] weight wise. We were in Kerry on a break...was getting ready to go out & looked in the mirror & swore I would lose weight. I have since deleted every picture taken on that holiday. It was a real low point for me & whilst I knew H2B (boyfriend at that time) loved me, I couldn't understand how he could. I'm now a size 10. But really wanna shift the last 10lbs. We can do it! :o)ll :o)ll
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9