Gym Ball

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

prianon Posts: 75
I have purchased a gym ball as it is supposed to be great for pregnancy.However no explanation of excercises came with it that were suitable for pregnancy.I am 27 weeks pregnant. Anyone out there have a gym ball and are using it?If so can you tell me what you do with it? Thanks in advance!
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I just sat on it while watching TV, on computer etc, Move hips from side to side IYKWIM. I found it great
Florrie06 Posts: 316
Im doing pre-natal yoga classes and we covered this in our last class. The only real exercise you do is by simply sitting on it! Sitting on the gym ball forces you to sit upright in the proper position for your posture and can relieve a lot of back ache. I found slumping on the couch every night in front of the TV was killing my back as the couch is too soft and not supporting me properly. Just sitting on the gym ball as Newgirl says in front of the TV or pc trains you to sit upright correctly. Also side to side rocking motion. It also helps when you get bigger to encourage the baby to move into the correct position in the womb.
mariac Posts: 982
that sounds good - might get one