Has anyone taken a drastic career change? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cookie Monster Posts: 643
Hi easy tiger, it looks interesting I might end up seeing you there so :wv Have you heard from any past pupils of the place?
Cookie Monster Posts: 643
Hi easy tiger, it looks interesting I might end up seeing you there so :wv Have you heard from any past pupils of the place?
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
My brothers girlfriends sister (long winded!) did a course there and recommended it. She is starting out now trying build a client base for herself. Ideally she wants to get into film/theatre makeup but she has to work for free in order to gain experience. So she is working another job f/time at the moment. Sure Cookie monster we can set up a business together! Sorry to the original poster for hijacking this.
birdie Posts: 954
[quote="fmelrose":22tpnt68]hi Aoife I am doing this right now. I left work last Friday (to get married first then having a break) [b:22tpnt68]to go back to college to train as a teacher. I think thats its better that i struggle for a while now rather than be miserabe my whole life in a job that i hated.[/b:22tpnt68] Good luck with whatever you decide.... *)[/quote:22tpnt68] I was in a very boring but secure job in the civil service and the thought of doing that job for the rest of my life eventually pushed me into taking a career break and going back to college to do teacher training. I've just qualified and officially resigned from the civil service and currently job-hunting! Best thing I ever did to be honest with you so I would say go for it aoife07!! And to Aoife I say best of luck with the training! :wv