Have Queue jumped the December club! 9 weeks early!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs MOS Posts: 205
Having just caught up with some post my story is remarkably like 30thMay2006......... I had my beautiful baby girl 9 weeks early on the 3rd October. Like 30th may2006 I went to my GP on 1st October as I was just feeling a bit off. When I had my blood pressure taken it was excessively high. I thought that they would give me something for it and I would be on my way- Oh how wrong was I. My GP (we live in the UK) called an ambulance to take me to hospital - she wouldn't even let my husband drive me there! I was still quite oblivious to it all when I arrived- was taken straight to the labour ward had about 5 people working on me- but I still just thought this will bring down my blood pressure and I will be home. What I was to discover was that I had pre eclampsia and the only way to deal with it was to deliver the baby. I kept thinking if I we can just take it one day at a time then that is surely better for the baby. I was given steroid injections to help develop the baby's lungs. After talking to the consultant she told me that basically both the baby and I were not getting anything from continuing the pregnancy. The baby would stop growing because of the pre eclampsia and I would run the risk of having a stroke. So our little baby girl called Aoife was born at 10.26 on the 3rd October. Weighing 3lb 5oz. She is in NICU at the moment but is doing well. Hopefully she will be coming off her ventilator at some point today or tomorrow. There is still a long way to go so we are taking it each day at a time. I came out of hosital yesterday- it was heartbreaking leaving her. I would urge all of you to keep a look out for the signs of pre eclampsia. In hindsight I had all the symptoms (although the outcome would still have been the same)
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Congratulations on your baby girl. You must of got some shock. Take care of yourself and you'll have your baby girl home with you in no time.
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
Congratulations on your bundle of joy!! :o)ll I'm sure she will be home in no time. Hope you are feeling ok. :thnk
mummy bear Posts: 3824
OMG Mrs Mos, congrats to you and dh on the birth of your dd Aoife(love that name) :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll mind yourself and Aoife will be home soon :xxs
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
Wow, what a story. Glad everything is ok with you and baby Aoife. Please God she will be home with you in no time :lvs
Dootsay Posts: 958
:o)ll Congratulations Mrs MOS - hope little Aoife gets home to you soon.
dovedro Posts: 1295
That must have been pretty scary for you all but congrats on your little girl :o)ll
charli Posts: 5994
oh im glad all went well i had elevated BP on my first but just had to be monitored more regularly and had no other of symptoms but still it was scary as i could see how seriously they take it turns out i had "white coat syndrome" where it would just be high at appointments and low when taken at home or taken unexpectadly by Dr. i cant imagine how frightening for you it all was- but sounds like baby Aoife is doing ok, im sure you cant wait to get her home have you to wait until she is term or over 5lbs? best of luck - the weeks will fly by for you :lvs
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
congrats, hope little Aoife is doin well
Delish Posts: 4176
Congratulations and welcome Aoife, hoping to hear an update soon that your little girl is home with you xx