Headaches?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Yummy Mummy Posts: 138
Any else experiencing headaches a lot more while pregnant, I have a constant headache since Saturday - cant seem to shift it, was going to ring gp today to see whats wrong
charli Posts: 5994
i had high BP from about 30 wks and was always being asked if i had a headache as high BP, headaches, swelling, protein in urine are all signs of pre-eclampsia - though it's rare these days - and obviously you would have to have all symptoms - maybe like me you have high BP. I did not have headaches but know they can be linked have you had your BP checked regularly dont mean to cause worry - if you feel fine otherwise i am sure it is just hormonal
Yummy Mummy Posts: 138
Thanks charli, no havent been having bp checked at all, should i be? the last time was by the nurse at 12 weeks whilst getting my scan Im going over to gp tonight, thanks for your reply
Ducky Posts: 2506
Headaches are very common and usually hormonal, I had one that lasted three weeks around 17 weeks. They did go away at about 22 weesk though. Get your BP checked alright but chances are, it's just another lovely pregnancy complaint!
babe06 Posts: 898
I've had them since I became pregnant, and never really had them since I came off the pill. Its like waking up with a hangover. Sometimes it lasts for days other times juts comes in waves. Wore a hairband today and had to take it off!
gogogirl Posts: 1071
[quote="babe06":2pannwqh]I've had them since I became pregnant, and never really had them since I came off the pill. Its like waking up with a hangover. Sometimes it lasts for days other times juts comes in waves. Wore a hairband today and had to take it off![/quote:2pannwqh] How soon did it start?
babe06 Posts: 898
I think i got them less frequently at the beginning as soon as my af was due but got worse and more noticable around week 5.
Miki Posts: 309
i've been getting them on and off too, they are lasting 2-3 days and knocking me off my feet. i was so worried at one stage i rang my consultant and he told me if they are bad take paracetamol, its no harm unless you are popping them all the time.