Help calculating maternity leave secondary school teacher

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tara10 Posts: 108
Hi everyone, I am not sure if I am calculating my maternity leave properly. I wonder can anyone help me! I am due November 11th and want to work as long as possible so I won't have to come back to school may 2013. I have calculated that if I finish up in school Wednesday october 17th and add 26 weeks to this, this will bring me up to wed April 17th and if I add 30 days to this excluding bank holiday Monday in may, this should bring me up to may 30th, The day our school shuts for summer holidays. Do u think I have calculated this correctly?? Thanks girls!
CestMoi Posts: 2162
Yeah that's what I worked out too. But if your due on the 11th November then your only 35+3 when you are finishing up. Maybe you don't want to work any longer than this but if you worked until 2nd November then you'll just be 37+5 and you'll have an extra few days leave to add on at the end. However I don't know how this works with the school closing during your leave, so it might be something you don't want to think about. On my first pregnancy I came close to being signed off early because of the 120 mile round trip commute and back pain from sitting down all day. I managed to keep going but used my holidays that I had left for the year to break it up into 4 day weeks!