HELP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aronan78 Posts: 289
Hi,well my problem is i started bleeding last night at 2.30 and its still happening. Went to the docter 1st thing this morning and he tested and said the test is still positive so to go home and get complete rest untill Monday morning when they'll test again...how the hell am i going to get through the weekend?? Has this happened anyone else and it turned out ok? Its just like im having a period. Im absolutley terrified. It has to mean im going to lose this baby doesnt it? Im only 7 weeks. :o(
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
I would suggest you ring your Ealry Pregnancy Unit immediately or just turn out, they could do a scan to see what's happening? I hope you're ok? Can't believe your Doc just told you to rest! Thinking of you
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
God you poor thing you must be in such a state. Well the good thing is that the pregnancy test said that you are still pregnant. If i was you i would call the EPU and ask them can you go into them this evening that you are besides yourself with worry. Have you been getting cramps too ?
sandym Posts: 774
your poor pet..i know it can be terrible..you should have asked them to taken bloods and then to have them re taken on monday..that way if the hormone level keeps rising you will know you are ok.. i had the same on my last pregnancy..i started bleeding at 5 weeks so went straight to hospital where they did a scan and 2 sacs were found..bloods were taken and like you, i had to wait all weekend to see if the hormone level had increased or if i was miscarrying..got the results a few days later and my hormone level had quadrupled which meant i was either carrying one or 2..when i went back for a scan at 8 weeks only one sac was found and other had been lost.. i'm not telling you this to upset you just to let you know that it may also be the case in your situation or it may just be implantation bleeding? I had a friend of mine who bled all the way through her pregnancy up to morning of delivery..she was montiored closley throughout that the doctors could never find out a reason why..they said it can just happen to some women so there is always hope will be thinking of you over the weekend and wish you the best of luck for Monday :lvs
sandym Posts: 774
take cutie pies advice..go tp the early pregnancy unit in your hospital..tell them you aren't happy with just seeing GP and you are in a heap abotu it all..they should give you reassurance..you are in Wexford and I knwo the EPU in Waterford only works 9-5.30 mon to fri so if thats the case in Wexford ring them now straight away! you can always just go straigthj to labour ward and ask them for an internal scan as they should be able to see the sac at 7 weeks using that scanner...best of luck and keep us posted :lvs
I had cramps all night just like period cramps,he was a nice docter and said in this situation its just a waiting game. Its horrible having no one here to talk to,my poor dh went off to work in bits. Have to avoid everyone now,the girls in work think i have a stomach bug and i was supposed to go up home tommorow but i couldnt face them and lie.
don't mean to frighten or panic you anymore than you already are.. but if i were you pet, i would get a taxi and go the EPU immediately.... if you wait till monday it'll just be a continuation of the waiting game... so at least this way they'll have something to work with i.e. an internal scan, or hcg blood tests... don't even think twice is my advice, go straight away!!!
I think im too scared to go anywhere else... im still holding on to the fact that the test was positive this morning. What if i go and ive really lost the baby? Not sure i could cope with that. Makes me sound like a total drama queen but i so want everything to be ok.
to be hoenst pet, it's a possibility that that could be the case, it's possible that you are having a miscarraige, but it's also possible that it's implantation or severe urinary tract infection.. the possibilites are endless love... but also in my experience, the sooner you know, the sooner you can deal with things..... I know it's scary, and you'll make your own decision at the end of the day... I hope you're ok?
montblanc Posts: 385
Poor you! I have no advice really but just to hope that everything is ok for you. Like others have said , some people do bleed throughout pregnancy and you do read about those people who go into hospital with a tummy ache and come out the next day with a baby!! They say that they still got their periods and didn't know they were pregnant! I can understand that if its bad news you don't want to know just yet, so I understand you waiting till monday if that's what you decide. I do really hope they have good news for you.