HELP - Wedding Menu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kittyq Posts: 10
Hi All, I have planned my menu with my venue, I have just been told (5 months before wedding) as its a small venue (they haven't done much weddings) I have to send out the menu with the invites and ask for peoples choices when they R.S.V.P!! I'm shocked as this wasn't explicitly explained to us. A way around it would be to have no choices but I really had my heart set on a fish dish and I know many wont eat fish, if I remove the choice I feel will have to sacrifice on the menu flavours - tame it down a bit. Have any of you heard of venues requesting this? I just feel a bit embarrassed to ask guests to choose a meal 6 weeks before they plan to eat it. I have also lot a bit of faith in the venue - it looks like it will be more stressful to organise than I previously thought....
craftyPB Posts: 2625
We've been to a few weddings where we had to choose our main in the RSVPs, never thought anything of it! It didn't bother us in the slightest. I wouldn't let it put you off.
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
I had to choose as well once for an abroad wedding but didn't bother me at all.
San15 Posts: 26
The last wedding I was at we had a little menu included with the invitation and we had to tick our choices for all courses. It was the first time I've ever had to do this but I didn't really think anything of it, I could see the logic in it as it was also a small venue..the food was delicious btw....a good tip is on the end of the card ask the guests to include a song they'd like the band or dj to play. It comes across that your actually including them in the preparations more than anything and thats actually a good thing
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
I'm hearing of this more often these days, don't worry it doesn't look bad. I'm sure your guests will have no problem with it, if anything it might whet their appetites for the day knowing what delicious dinner awaits them!
CasualBride Posts: 574
I agree with the other girls, I haven't ever seen it myself but I wouldn't think anything bad if it was included on my RSVP and in one way, it's possibly helping to keep your costs down, if there isn't going to be 30 fish dinners going to waste on the day? Including a song suggestion is a genius way of making it feel like they're contributing to the decision-making part!!!! Well done San15!!!
Kittyq Posts: 10
Thanks for all your input and suggestions ladies! Feeling much better about it now! :)