Hen/stag same weekend.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Drummerswife Posts: 3497
I know this should be posted in hen and stag but there is more traffic here. Just wondering do you like or dislike when the hens and stags are on the same weekend. Iyself prefer when they are on the same weekend as it means I'm not spending 2 weekends away from H2B but I understand also that for people with kids it's easier to have them on separate weekends. What's your opinion?
belcra Posts: 1097
I clicked separate weekends - mainly because we've quite a few mutual friends who have children and if we'd the hen and stage the same weekend they couldn't both go. I'd prefer if we only had to have one weekend away from each other but not very fair on our friends. I think I'll have to have plenty organised for myself when he's on his stag though or I'll be going mad wondering what's going on :o0
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
[quote="belcra":1kycrnyn]I clicked separate weekends - mainly because we've quite a few mutual friends who have children and if we'd the hen and stage the same weekend they couldn't both go. I'd prefer if we only had to have one weekend away from each other but not very fair on our friends. I think I'll have to have plenty organised for myself when he's on his stag though or I'll be going mad wondering what's going on :o0[/quote:1kycrnyn] +1 no kids myself yet but I agree with above - think it's fairer to people who do if they are separate weekends.
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
We are having ours on the same weekend.
highbeam Posts: 2578
I voted for seperate weekends, dont have kids but do have a dog and as silly as it sounds sometimes it can be hard to find someone to take him. Quite a few friends have kids now so I think its fairer on them. And having to have the money to pay for a hen and a stag the same weekend could be tricky for some.
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
It really wouldnt bother me either way but we are having hen and stag seperate weekends as it suits this way. H2B is going to a match in Liverpool in April as thats when matches tickets are available, I hope to have my hen late June/early July, wedding is end of July
macker2b Posts: 720
There were a few factors for us having hen and stag on seperate weekends. I wanted to have a distance between christmas and the wedding so having it in Feb and himself's BM lives in Australia so he's the weekend before the wedding. Also we have a daughter so she was the major part of consideration and I work shift work, didnt want to use up leave for my hen
seedee Posts: 1017
ours is the same weekend. never even thought of other couples with children, although we have a child, and have invited couples with children. oops! only last night when OH said that one of the lads couldnt make his as i had asked his missus first did it even occur to me.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
We organised our hen and stag on the same night and only literally the week before did we cop that a few couples with children couldn't come to both so one had to stay at home. I could have kicked myself, it's probably literally the only question I didn't ask here on WOL and if I had I would have organised them on different weekends. So always ask the Wollies is my motto now! Mine was only a party in my house and hubby went to the Dogs at Shelbourne Park, so we could easily have done it one weekend after the other like, but we just thought we'd both have a great night on the same night and have it over and done with. There weren't that many overlaps now, but it meant my brother couldn't come to the stag as my SIL was at my hen. And the best man's wife couldn't come to the hen as she had to stay home while her hubby was at the stag like. I totally didn't think of it and felt awful afterwards, even though it was only a few people. If none of your friends have kids then the same weekend can be a lot of fun, both of you out with your gang of mates, but if there's a few with kids, maybe reconsider and have them seperately.
paperclips Posts: 3146
Personally I prefer when they are the same weekend but thats because we have no children so it suits us fine. It is a pain for those families who have children and parents are both involved in the hen/stag. It usually means that one of them cant go or they are both leaving the kids for one/two nights with someone else which isnt always possible in some cases.