Holiday Entitlements while on Mat Leave & sick leave??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BabyDreams Posts: 211
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone can shed a bit of light on something. I went on my maternity leave on 1st October 2011. 26 weeks of maternity leave (unpaid by employer) 16 weeks of unpaid additional maternity leave (unpaid) This brought me up to 21st July - I had post natal depression so couldnt go back so from then onwards was on illness benefit. Eventually handed in my notice and my last day offically was 15th Oct 2012. Can anyone tell me what holidays and bank hols I am entitled to be paid for. Does the illness time count as working up hols as I was still employed or did my hol entitlements stop on 21st July. Sorry if this is confusing. Am confusing myself!!
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
You're entitled to all your holidays while on maternity leave. So for that 6months it would be half a year worth of holidays and as far as I know when you take unpaid leave you are still entitled to your holidays on top of that. You are also entitled to any bank holidays that fall within the 26 weeks which is normally 4/5 days depending on the time of year. As regarding sick leave you are entitled to your holidays once the sick leave is certified
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
[quote="gingerwhinger":3n8g6pws]You're entitled to all your holidays while on maternity leave. So for that 6months it would be half a year worth of holidays and as far as I know when you take unpaid leave you are still entitled to your holidays on top of that. You are also entitled to any bank holidays that fall within the 26 weeks which is normally 4/5 days depending on the time of year. As regarding sick leave you are entitled to your holidays once the sick leave is certified[/quote:3n8g6pws] you're also entitled to any bank holidays that fall while you are on the 16 weeks unpaid.
CherylC Posts: 1071
Yes, I think you should basically get a years worth of holidays plus all bank holidays during your paid and unpaid maternity leave.
Thanks a mill for that. Do you think I worked up any hols while on sick leave too or not?
dollybride2 Posts: 18
Hi baby dreams, You are only entitled to your hol/public hol pay for the period you were on maternity leave and unpaid maternity leave. You are not entitled to holiday pay or public holiday pay for the time you were on sick leave unless your contract employment states otherwise but I doubt it does!! Hope this helps
Great thanks dollybride2.