Menu

hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Go to All Things Wedding

Maya Angelou
New Wolly

Re: hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Postby Maya Angelou » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone had any luck negotiating room rates for wedding guests at Hotel Doolin? The cost is €75 per person sharing, so €300 for a double room....€600 if they are staying two nights. Way too much in my opinion. We really don't want to put this expense on our guests.

PixieH
New Wolly

Postby PixieH » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:55 am

Hiya,

I think your figures may be wrong. Its €75 per person sharing. So it's €150 for the room for two people which is around the norm I would say. They have a special rate for children :)

Maya Angelou
New Wolly

Postby Maya Angelou » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Oh yeah PixieH!! Thanks for that! Getting completely mixed up. So €300 for two nights. That makes more sense but still on the pricey side I think.
Do you know how much the child rate is?

PixieH
New Wolly

Postby PixieH » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Well I was told a few months ago from the hotel that the rates are as follows: 5 years and under are free, between 6 and 16 it's €25 per child and over 16 is charged as an adult.

Caoimhe25588
New Wolly

Postby Caoimhe25588 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi all :) We have provisionally booked Hotel Doolin for 30/08/2018 and we are so excited. The only small problem we have is the hotel isn't free for the night before the wedding and as we are coming from Wicklow we will need to be there the night before. If I book anywhere the night before we will have to vacate by 12 and we can't check into the hotel until 3 which leaves me in a bit of a pickle for getting ready. Has anyone any ideas? All I can think right now is to book somewhere else for 2 nights and only actually stay the first night but that's obviously a bit of an unnecessary expense. Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks
Caoimhe

Lena Bolger
New Wolly

Postby Lena Bolger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:01 am

Hi Caoimhe I'm also getting married in hotel doolin just before you on 08/07/2018 and have the same problem! What to do? I haven't actually contacted anywhere yet, maybe they will make an exception for checkout that day? I would also love to know if anyone was in a similar position

Flower Store
Joyce18
New Wolly

Postby Joyce18 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:20 am

Hi girls, not getting married in Hotel Doolin but my venue has a wedding in the night before mine and we were able to book rooms as it wasn't booked out. Don't know if you've asked your wedding co ordinator yet but might be worth a try as ours was so helpful making sure we had a room for the night before for ourselves and also for guests who were travelling down the day before :)

monJL
New Wolly

Postby monJL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi all, I am getting married in Hotel Doolin October 2018. Did any of you try to negotiate on the price per head?

Also, have any of you booked the church in Doolin - €400.00 just for the church not including the priests donation, flowers or music..

Thanks all ideas welcome.

Thanks for your help,

Jonneoc1
New Wolly

Postby Jonneoc1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Anyone not have the minimum for the marquee for whatever reason and were they still charged for 170

LiamByrne1990
New Wolly

Postby LiamByrne1990 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi,
We’re actually viewing hotel doolin with a view to booking it for early 2020. Just wondering on feedback you guys had? And also was there any room for negotiation on packages if you didn’t want all included?

Previous

Go to All Things Wedding