How did labour start for you

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Girls Just wondering how did labour start for you, was it a show first then waters breaking etc.. or if you went over was it induction. Im due on this saturday and really want to have baby now :wv
missc Posts: 875
I woke up with contractions and waters broke about half hour after i woke, from then on contractions just got stronger but not more regular til just before i started pushing
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
sorry girls i messed up the poll. Meant to say did you have a show first waters break have contractions or get induced
25/07/09 Posts: 472
This is nine years ago so I have some of the finer details forgotten (it does happen) my daughter was 9 weeks early I really did not know I was in Labour I actually fcuked her father out of it for continuing to wake me in the morning about 7am (it wasn't him it was her dying to come out) , I had work at 12 and actually went :ooh :ooh !! I was in the hospital for 1.30 -6 cm and she was born at 4.30 weighing 4lb 6oz!! Should add that I think I got a show about 2 days before, I was at work and when I went to stand up my back would not straighten went to the loo and got a show (??) but when nothing happend for a furthur two days I presumed I was imagining it!!! I didn't even know I was in Labour till 1.30, I was feeling really silly going up in the car cause even though I was in pain I was full sure I was making the biggest fool of my self ever and would be told to go home!!
Mrs J Posts: 387
A show at 37 weeks, another one at 38 weeks and waters broke just over 39 weeks. Contractions didn't develop properly and stopped (I was 3 cm) so was induced in the end.
Chococat Posts: 1632
My contractions came first. The waters really cushion the contraction pain so I was delighted.
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
[quote="eok56":andqd84o] I was feeling really silly going up in the car cause even though I was in pain I was full sure I was making the biggest fool of my self ever and would be told to go home!![/quote:andqd84o] Snap!fairly similar experience 9weeks early too. contractions were in full force and was 8cm, waters were broken sometime after that.