How do u not drink while pretendng to drink?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

eldc2012 Posts: 17
Going out with friends tonight for the first time since BFP! i'm just 9 weeks and havent had scan yet so obviously I dont want to make any announcement! Thing is, dont want my friends to notice I'm not drinking! No point in saying I'm driving or on antibiotics or anything - they'd smell a rat a mile off cos I NEVER don't drink! And I cant cancel either - the whole reason everyone is going out (about 10 of us going for dinner) is to welcome us home from honeymoon & catch up. Havent seen them all since the wedding. So, the plan is: I will have a glass of wine with dinner (not a bottle like I wouldve had in the past!) and then for the rest of the night drink the same thing as my husband (like an alcopop) but I wont really drink it - ill just switch bottles with him and make him drink for two! Do you think this will work? I know DH will be psd but all in a good cause! (We probably will end up in a round with someone cos it never works out that we buy drinks in twos when we're out. If we end up on our own round then i can drink vodka & white without the vodka!) I'm so afraid to cause suspicions! But I figure if I HAVE to have a few sips of some drink then an alcopop is better than vodka/cider? How did ye guys hide it when ye were out?
McLisa Posts: 1815
could you drink something like a spirit and mixer obviously without the spirit so it looks alcoholic or even a non alcoholic cocktail?
fumoir2009 Posts: 367
even no alcoholic beer if u drink beer, put it into a glass and no one willknow the difference - good luck! :wv
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Vodka & 7 up without the vodka!