How long

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cara09 Posts: 10
Hi Girls Wasn't sure where to post this but was just wondering how long were people waiting from coming off pill to getting a BFP.......just a rough idea. Have been on TTC and am overwhelmed by the time frames some poor couples go through. Thanks :wv
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I was never on the pill so ive no personal experience but i have seen on here girls gettting there bfp the first month off it and in other cases it can take a while for their bodies to get back to normal It really is a case of being different for everyone there is no hard and fast rule. Sorry im not much more help.
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I had gotten one period off the pill (the break through bleeding) in Oct, got my real period in November & got pregnant before my next period. Hope that makes sense!! Really, we were only one month trying.
tilsun Posts: 4506
I had been off the pill for about 9 months but we were only trying for the last few as I had come off early to make sure my cycles were regular. I really think it varies so much from person to person. I suppose hope for the best but try not to be too upset if it takes a little longer.
Cara09 Posts: 10
Thanks for the replies girls. I know its different for everyone put was hoping that is was actually possible to happen soon enough!!!
veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
hiya i came off d pill 25th Jan, got my period 29th Jan as you do anyway once u stop the pill!... THAT WAS IT!!!... got my BFP in Feb!... i was 7 whole yrs on the pill btw.. hope your as lucky xx
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Aquafina Posts: 354
I came off the pill in November. Had the breakthrough bleed and then got pregnant after that. So never had a real period. Of course, it can vary widely between people. Not everyone goes back to their regular cycle straight away.
zoey Posts: 1574
You probably don't want to hear this but it took me 15 months to get a BFP after coming off the pill. I have PCOS though so hopefully you won't be as long as that. Best of luck on your ttc journey. Zoey :lvs
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Hey Cara, I was on the pill 14yrs, took last one on 19th March, pill bleed on 25th and ovulated on 8th of April, BFP 21st April, so it can happen very fast, hope it does for you :babydust: