How long to wait for replys to quote requests?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JustBecause Posts: 3242
Hi Ladies :wv Silly question here but how long to you wait for a repy from a supplier before you give up on them? Thanks
Twirl Posts: 5598
If emailing so are brilliant and some just dont get back to you until you ring. I would ring these people if they dont get back to you within 2/3 days :wv
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Thanks Mrs MM2010 I mostly use e-mail as I'm in the UK and trying not to run up massive bills calling Ireland :-8 Some suppliers have been brilliant but I'm still waiting for replies over a week from some suppliers. FH thinks that anyone who doesn't reply within 3 days is not worth using.
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
I would be disgusted by any supplier who provides an email address for quotes and then doesnt respond within 48 hours that would be the absolute deadline dont see why I should chase someone up who obviously isnt that bothered by the business every supplier i am using has responded to emails within 48 hours at the absolute max
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
This is one thing that bugs me. I can't stand people who don't reply to emails, why bother having an email address if you're not going to reply to people. I myself hate making phonecalls to people I don't know as I get all nervous and muddle up my words so I prefer to email, however I noticed the same thing some people don't bother replying. Sometimes I gave them about a week or get h2b to ring but other times if i'm in a hurry to make a decision I just rule them out cause they're not bothered replying. My theory is if they really want the business they'll reply to you and as soon as possible and anybody that doesn't isn't worth it. Theres a couple of suppliers who are members on here, i won't mention names but they would be well known and I have to say there service hasn't been great. First I sent an email months ago, and got an automated reply saying they were busy and they're return my email as soon as they got a chance, I never got a reply. A few months later I tried again as first time was to only get idea of costs but this time I wanted to book somebody, so emailed again no reply, after about 3 days I phoned got an answering machine. I did get a call back but had to talk to h2b before making any arrangements so when I phoned back got answering machine again. I said the time and date that they had suggested was fine for meeting and for them to just confirm, but never got a return call to confirm or decline so phoned them again on that date before we made an unecessary trip to see if the appointment was confirmed and again got answering machine.3 weeks later I haven't heard anything back from them and they haven't replyed to my email even though I've seen they've replyed to a post i made on this. In these times I think any supplier should be delighted to get business and should make the effort to treat possible clients with a bit of common courtesy like returning a call and if they can't be bothered then I don't think they're worth it, because what if they aren't reliable on the day, don't turn up on time etc. Just my opinion though
Twirl Posts: 5598
Mrs G2b i really found it quite amazing those who supplied email address and dont check them then. Im working every day bar saturday and sunday so im emailing places from work and anyone that didnt get back to me i just thought well its their loss and if anyone asks me about a particular supplier then i will say it to them. I found the worst culprit was bridal shops and a particular travel agents and with the particular travel agents i have heard many complaints about them.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
When I was planning my own wedding, the ones that replied to me got the business. If the supplier hasn't the decency to answer promptly then they obviously don't care about getting your business in the first place. It does not bode well for dealing with them in the year ahead or whatever in the run up to your wedding. You don't need the hassle of a supplier who is difficult to contact. Planning a wedding is stressful enough. Give the business to someone who wants to deal with you.
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
I'm the same as you mrsMM2010, I work all week days and can't just leave my desk when I want to make a call either thats why I get h2b to do it sometimes, but I just find emailing a lot handier and at least I also have all their details and prices etc written down so I have proof if things change aswell [quote="Delphinium":1rigftim] You don't need the hassle of a supplier who is difficult to contact. Planning a wedding is stressful enough. Give the business to someone who wants to deal with you.[/quote:1rigftim] Well said Delphinium
Bigleap Posts: 696
Well said. Just to say some suppliers, such as bands and photographers, might have a couple of weddings over the weekend. So if you email on a Friday I would give them until Tuesday to catch up with themselves. But definately not more then a week!
Delphinium Posts: 3027
[quote="Bigleap":9sbdfv3r]Well said. Just to say some suppliers, such as bands and photographers, might have a couple of weddings over the weekend. So if you email on a Friday I would give them until Tuesday to catch up with themselves. But definately not more then a week![/quote:9sbdfv3r] Definitely.... should go without saying that it is better to contact Wedding Suppliers early in the week as they are likely to be at their busiest Thursday to Saturday! Also it will matter with some suppliers more than others whether they are responsive - for example, your venue will need to be good for getting back to you whereas once you've your DJ booked there's not much more to do other than confirm them a few weeks before the wedding.