How long were you trying?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newmrs2011 Posts: 187
Posted this in the Ttc section and some of the girls suggested i repost here also :) For those of you lucky mums ands mums to be, just out of curiosity how long were you trying for a baby before you became pregnant? and have you any tips for us hopeful mums :-D :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :)
MrsGPants Posts: 835
We got lucky after seven months trying. If you are looking for tips to increase your chances, i put this thread together when we were ttc and i was getting despondent....... Best of luck :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Daff Posts: 11644
I'm am so so lucky and count my blessings everyday. First time on both dd1 and dd2. I had MC just before dd2 and got pregnant first time then too and dd2 was conceived immediately after. Scared sugarless that I'll pregnant again now :o0
justwed09 Posts: 2349
We were lucky on ds, 2nd month trying. on this pregnancy, we were trying 8 months almost. tip wise, try not let it take you over, just try and relax about it. i bought the clearblue fertility monitor the 2nd time tround, it didnt work, what worked for me the first month i bought them was the clearblue digital ovulation tests. You can get them on amazon. Best of luck and have fun trying!
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
On my first I wasn't trying as I was only a teen but on this one I was trying for over 3 years!
redroses Posts: 714
Likewise on first we werent trying at all!! Got my bfp after 11 months with these two!
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
month 2 both times. we used ovulation tests (cheapo ones from ebay) and DTD like mad around ovulation but even then i know we were very lucky. :babydust:
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
3 years -countless tests and hospital visits finally prescribed clomid month 2 on clomid 1st time - MC this one and month 1 on clomid on this little miracle
MrsDelight Posts: 206
This was our first and got pregnant on the 3rd month after decideding to give it a go. Looking back our timing was completely off and we were temping or anything. Just going by estimates based on my last AF. The 3 month when we just said feck it and had fun when we wanted to have fun and got lucky.
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
2 years...but only 14 cycles in those 2 years. FInally admitted to myself that we needed help and got gp referral to fertility clinic. Had first appointment in march 2011 and got my bfp in june 2011! Second month on clomid worked for us. My advice is not not wait around peeing on sticks and tracking cm/temps/cycles. BE PROACTIVE! Go to doc, get referral to fertility clinic if advised to. Once we started the process, i felt sooo much more positive, and it was thanks to a dear friend of mine and her giving me a good kick up the a$$ that i first made that initial appointment. Only for her i'd still be messing around peeing on ov sticks and wondering why i wasn't pregnant yet! best of luck! x