How many bottles?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ms organised Posts: 1069
Hi I'm going to apologise in advance if this has been asked a million times already but I just cannot seem to find this info anywhere. I'm hoping someone can help me please. We're going to use the Avent bottles but I'm so confused on how many bottles I need to buy and what sizes. Would 6 of 4oz bottles and 6 of 9oz bottles be too many to start?? Any help or advise is much appreciated. Thanks in advance :thnk
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
We used 9oz Avent from the start (well 3 weeks as he was on TT before that). A few friends advised against hte smaller ones as baby moves up to the oz's so quickly. I had 7 bottles, 6 for milk and one extra for water during the day as baby got constipated sometimes. We left one behind us somewhere recenctly and we're down to 6 and still managing fine, he's down to 5 bottles though.
brightling Posts: 1496
I have used the avent bottles with all mine, this will be my fourth baby. I always just started straight with the 9oz bottles because baby can be up to 5oz feeds pretty quickly so I felt the smaller ones were a bit of a waste. I got 6 new ones each time and have done the same this time. Found them a good bit cheaper on Amazon this time around.
mandibee Posts: 305
Hi ms organised. As the other girls said, I really wouldnt bother with the smaller bottles. My LO is 4 weeks old today and i have one small bottle and 6 larger ones. I think i will only get another 2 weeks max out of the small bottle. Im glad i didnt buy anymore of them. Best of luck with everything xx
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I hope to BF but wanted the bottles ready in case. I got a box of four avent ones in Mothercare sale yesterday for €15.99. They are well over €7 per bottle i.e. the bigger bottles, 260ml ones. I think the smaller ones are a waste as others have implied. If exclusively bottle feeding, I would get six of them and that is plenty.
Alwaysbroke Posts: 1140
I used nuk on dd1 and the same this time around but I got 8 bottles. They usually take 6 in 24hrs or thereabouts so having the 2 extra meant that I only ha to wash and sterilise once a day and if I was a bit late doing it today then I still wasn't stuck for a bottle? I didn't get any of the 4oz bottles. Like others said they use them for such a short time it's a waste. If you really want to get 1 or 2 then you can use them for water later on but definitely not necessary!
ms organised Posts: 1069
Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm just going to buy about 8 x 9oz bottles - I agree with you about the 4oz being a waste. Thanks again. :thnk