How much does the average wedding cake cost?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FridaysBride Posts: 99
Hi all, Looking at websites but no prices listed. Trying to do my initial costings. Feedback appreciated. Thanks, FB
Layla20 Posts: 1089
I just got a quote for a 3 tier cake of €365. Think we're going to go with that, she gave us different samples of all the flavours she does and they were delicious.
hunnymonster Posts: 725
I've seen everything from 300 - 600. Ours is included in our hotel's package.
GalBride Posts: 444
Mine will be 350e for a three tier cake
makeupaddict Posts: 592
In Cork most places start around 350 for a 3 tier cake but another bride recommended Healys Bakery in Blackpool to me so ive been to see them and have my date booked but havent decided on a cake yet. Her biggest one is 500. Most start around 300.
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Gosh! Where are you all getting cakes at those prices. I don't think I have been quoted less than 500 anywhere! And the one I want is 800 :eek Can't afford that, so am planning on making it myself. (well, with alot of help from my Mum!)
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
mine was 3 tier- 500
Layla20 Posts: 1089
[quote="Seashelly":2tv042yj]Gosh! Where are you all getting cakes at those prices. I don't think I have been quoted less than 500 anywhere! And the one I want is 800 :eek Can't afford that, so am planning on making it myself. (well, with alot of help from my Mum!)[/quote:2tv042yj] http://www.asliceofheaven.ie She is based in Kilkenny, I'm not sure if she would travel. I met her at a fair last week and her portfolio has a bigger range than shown on the website.
Claire Kelly Posts: 66
Hi Wedding cake prices vary hugely from shop to shop. I do wedding cakes that range from €115 to €550. The prices of cakes vary depending on the favours you go for. If you need a quote on a particular cake just email me on [email protected]. Have a look at some of the cakes I have done on www.clairekellydesigns.com. Hope this is of some help. Regards Claire
marles Posts: 1397
We paid 400 for a three tier cake,Largest tier was chocolate Biscuit cake,next lemon maderia and then coffee cake. The cake was amazing and if your in the midlands I would recommend Una Flynn in Ballymahon. She is so involved in her work and is just amazing. Una did beautiful,simple and elegant decorations for the cake she also delivered and set it up at the venue.