I don't feel pregnant at all.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vonnyoc Posts: 2688
I'm 6 weeks pg on baby #2 and I have no symptoms anymore, I was a bit nauseous and threw up a bit but now all I have is period type cramps nearly all day. Which I'm putting down to me lifting DS as he's only 6 months and it's stretching my uterus. It's really getting me down and I want to try and be positive. Ive been doing hpt and they are positive straight away. I got bloods done on fri but dh is a nurse and checked last night and he never checked my hcg level!!!!! I have a scan mon 2 weeks and it can't come fast enough, I'm so freaked out :o(
ohsotired Posts: 7071
At six weeks my sickness hadn't started yet - fast forward a week & it kicked in and lasted the guts of the rest of the pregnancy - e.g. was sick yesterday! The period pains sound positive - this is what I had at your same stage!
Elizabeth Bennett Posts: 682
I think i posted the same thing at 6 weeks, was a bit worried at having no sickness but it kicked in soon after. I wouldn't worry, every pregnancy is different as you know having gone through it already. Try not to worry, your preg tests are coming up straight away so looks very good.
Thanks for the replies girls. You have put my mind at ease a little bit. I was so sick on DS but it was such a relief as I knew everything was healthy but like you said every pg is different. Please god I will get to the 12 weeks
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I also wasn't sick at the start, it hit at 16 weeks for a while. I did get terrible cramps though, especially in the first 2 weeks, i think it's the uterus stretching.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I had no symptoms at all and got several BFNs up to five weeks, so I presumed I wasn't pregnant. I thought my period was on the way until my pregnancy was confirmed by a doctor. I don't know whether it was psychosomatic or what but the very next day morning sickness kicked in and stayed until about 16 weeks, so enjoy not being sick!
Daisy Day Posts: 376
Vonnyoc sorry to hear you're so worried about this but like other girls have said every pregnancy is different and just because you were sick last time doesn't mean anything for this time around. This is my first pregnancy and I had absolutely no symptoms at all! I didn't even do a test until I was 7 weeks (confirmed afterwards as being around 7 weeks) because I felt totally normal and my cycle was always so irregular I never dreamed I could be pregnant. Even after I had the pg confirmed by the doc still nothing happened symptom-wise only a tiny change to my appetite. Only for me seeing our little man on the 12 wk scan I wouldn't have believed I was pregnant at all! I know it's easy for me to say but please try and relax and enjoy the fact that you're having a much easier time this time! And best of luck for your pregnancy :xxx
vanoli Posts: 15
First of all big congrats!! I just wanted to add to what the other girls said really, i am also pregnant with #2, gone 5.5 weeks now. i was also feeling a bit sick (not throwing up though) at the very begining and now it completely disappeared. i am feeling tired and crampy too. But this is totally normal, MS lasted about 3 wks with my DD (16 months now) and only kicked in at about week 7. So its probably on its way for both of us!!! I am worried about lifting my DD as she is a very tall girl and is heavy, but sure we have to cuddle our babies too :lvs I am going to the docs on Thursday and like you just hope all is ok..... I did'nt get a huge number of symptoms on my first pregnancy and everything was perfect so try not to worry,. Each person and pregnancy is different Best of luck V
Thanks so much girls. I feel a bit better now after reading all your advise. :thnk
Yippee I was sick last night and I think it could be the start of it cause this morning I am feeling quiet nauseous. Ye all prob think I'm crazy but I'm so relieved :o)ll